The “Please wait for the GPSVC” issue message appears while starting, shutting down, restarting the PC, or switching accounts for many customers.
If you are also facing the same error, then you are at the right place, but please wait for the GPSVC error before fixing it.
What is the GPSVC Code?
GPSVC stands for Group Policy Client Service Shortcut. That is a record of type DLL. This Windows administration application record helps create and implement the chairman’s or other client’s modified settings in the framework. It is later disabled or stopped.
When you sign in to Windows, some important services will start running. Group Policy Service (GPSVC) is a part of one of these services. It helps to communicate with Winlogon administration using Remote Procedure Call (RPC). Correspondence may also track your computer configuration and user configuration of Group Policy objects and load strategies.
In any case, when you sign into your computer or shut down/boot your Windows PC, some issues like “Group Policy Client Service Login Failed” or “gpedit.msc not found or missing” are reviewed here. In this guide, we are going to discuss how to fix please wait GPSVC error.
How to Fix “Please Wait for the GPSVC” Code Error?
Microsoft has claimed no official fix, but we detail some successful forum patches that may help you fix the bug.
Fix 1. Alt + Ctrl + Del turns off your PC
Assuming you’re stuck with the “Please wait for GPSVC” error while shutting down your computer, you can try pressing Ctrl + Alt + Delete keys. Another screen will then appear; click on the power symbol at the bottom right of the screen and select Shutdown. So far, shut down your computer without any errors.
Fix 2. Turn off the PC using the Power Button
The “Power” button can be held down instead of the “Shutdown” button on the screen. That’s an easy way to turn off your computer without having to look at the screen.
But if you use a laptop, take it off the charger and press the power button to turn it off. Then, wait a few minutes for the battery to charge. You have to take it apart to fully turn off the power and then turn it back on.
Then, put the battery back in the laptop the right way and turn it on to see if the “Please wait GPSVC Windows 10” error is still there.
Fix 3. GPSVC File Update
Forum members mentioned that this problem may occur if your GPSVC file requires fixing or updating. So, it is recommended that you update your computer’s GPSVC file. Follow the steps below to update the GPSVC file:
- Launch any browser and paste the link below:
- Now click on the Download GPSVC.dll button.
- Then, you have to solve the riddle to start the file.
- Then, choose the file version you want to download.
- If you’re using a 64-bit working system, copy and paste the file you got here.
- If you are using a 32-bit operating system, paste the downloaded file into the path below:
- To update the GPSVC file, replace the old file with the new one.
Now, check whether you are able to wait for the GPSVC screen on your Windows system or not.
Fix 4. Use System Restore
If none of the preceding alternatives work, do a Windows System Restore. To do a System Restore in Windows, follow these steps:
- After clicking Start, click Power on the left.
- Restart your computer while holding the Shift+ Key.
- Click Troubleshoot, then Advanced.
- Click System Restore now.
- When this mistake doesn’t happen, choose a system restore point and click Next.
- To confirm the restart point, click Finish.
- Once the system restore is done, turn your computer back on and see if the problem is fixed.
FAQs with “Please Wait for the GPSVC”
Why is my computer saying please wait for GPSVC?
The System displays “Please wait for the GPSVC” while waiting for the Group Policy Client Service (GPSVC) to finish duties. This service manages and uses the group rules in your Windows system.
What is the full form of Gpsvc?
How do I fix my GPSVC?
- Press the Ctrl, Alt, and Delete keys to turn off your PC.
- Press the Power Button to turn off your PC.
- Update the file GPSVC.
- Bring your System back to its previous state.
Watch-Out Other Articles
- 5 Solutions To Fix SVCHOST.Exe Error 0x745f2780 In Windows 10
- How To Fix Ntdll.Dll Error Code In Windows 10? 8 Solutions
- 8 Common Network Problems And Solutions To Fix Them
- Startup Folder Not Working Windows 10 | Complete Solutions
The only fix is please wait for the GPSVC error on Windows. Although there is no official remedy for this problem, the preceding techniques have helped many users. What is the work? Worked to solve the problem in their case.
Hope the given solutions will work to fix your Windows PC or laptop error.