YouTube Something Went Wrong: Right now, YouTube is the most popular place to share movies online. Ten of millions of people visit every day. Sadly, it does have problems from time to time. When something isn’t working right, users often see the “Youtube Something Went Wrong” notice.
But seeing a message that is so general can be annoying because it doesn’t tell people how to fix the “something” that seems to be wrong.
You may see this problem message on YouTube a lot. What should you do?
Our piece will tell you everything you need to know to fix the “Something Went Wrong” error on YouTube on both mobile and desktop devices. We’ll also talk about the different reasons why the error happened and give you advice on how to keep it from happening again. You will understand why you are seeing this mistake and know the exact steps you need to take right now to fix it.
What Does “Something Went Wrong” Mean on YouTube?
If you’ve used YouTube, you’ve probably seen the “Youtube Something Went Wrong” message more than once. You might see this error when you’re starting to watch a video, in the middle of watching a video or trying to do something on the site. The error means that there is a problem with the technology that is stopping YouTube from opening and playing the video as it should.
Certain messages may look different on the YouTube website and the YouTube app for your phone. You might have seen “A mistake happened. “Tap to retry” on your iPhone or “Please try again later” on your PC.
This mistake can stop your video from playing and make it hard for you to use some YouTube features. That’s not all, though.
If a broken link causes the “Youtube Something Went Wrong” mistake, it can hurt both the SEO of the website and the user experience as a whole.
Whether you’re a host or a user, the first thing you need to do to fix the problem is figure out what’s causing it.
How to Fix “Youtube Something Went Wrong”
It can be annoying to get the “Something Went Wrong” error on YouTube, but there are a few things you can do to fix it on your iOS phone. Here are nine ways to repair this problem so your iPhone or iPad can play YouTube videos without glitches.
Solution: 1. Restart the device
If you’re getting the “YouTube Something Went Wrong,” restarting your device may help. That will update your device and get rid of any temporary glitches or problems that may be causing the error. For a fresh start, follow these steps:
- Hold down the power button on your Android phone or tablet.
- Then, tap “Restart” or “Reboot” from the list that comes up.
- After your device restarts, try to get to YouTube again.
- Hold down the power and volume buttons on your iPhone or iPad.
- To turn off your device, move the “Power Off” button to the right.
- Again, press the power button until you see the Apple sign, and your device starts up again.
- After restarting your device, try going to YouTube again.
“Something Went Wrong” on YouTube might not always go away after restarting your device. You should try other steps to fix the problem.
Solution: 2 Clear App Cache Data on your Device
The “Something Went Wrong” problem on the YouTube mobile app can also be caused by too much cache and data.
Clear the app files and data on your phone to fix this. The exact steps may be different for each device, but they are usually in the settings menu.
To clear the cache in the YouTube app, do the following:
- On your Android tablet or phone, open Settings.
- Just scroll down and click on “Apps.”
- From the list of apps, find and pick the YouTube app.
- In the menu, choose “Storage & cache” or “Storage.”
- Press “Clear cache” to get rid of the app’s files and cache.
Solution: 3 Check and Restart Your WiFi Connection
Check your smartphone’s internet link and fix any problems you find.
“Something Went” When your internet link is bad, the YouTube mobile app might show a “wrong” message. It would be best if you restart your router or connect to a different WiFi network to do this.
- First, I turned on airplane mode and then turned it off. When you start YouTube and say something is wrong while watching a video, this is the first thing you should do.
- The second thing you need to check is the type of cell network you choose. Let’s say you have a 4G smartphone. If you have it set to auto or just 3G, you need to make sure it is set to 5G or at least 4G. If LTE, 5G, or 4G doesn’t work, try this.
- Also, check your settings to make sure the mobile data saver is turned on. That is because YouTube may want to play any video and show that something went wrong because of a bug or mistake. Because someone can check to see if you’ve turned on the data saver.
- Also, make sure you have kept your APN settings the same. Usually, people try out new APNs; for example, if they are using Tmobile, they might try out a new T-mobile APN and then find that YouTube stops working because their APN settings were set wrong.
Solution: 4 Check YouTube Updates
The “Youtube Something Went Wrong” problem on the YouTube mobile app is also often caused by versions that are too old.
Make sure you always have the most recent version of the app by checking for changes often. Visit the Google Play Store or Apple App Store, search for YouTube, and check for updates.
The YouTube mobile app can also have problems when it uses old versions of the app. To fix this, check your phone for app changes and install any that are available. That should make sure you have the most up-to-date version of the YouTube app, which should not have any bugs.
Solution: 5 Reinstall Youtube
The last and fourth most important step is to first remove the YouTube app and then download it again from the Google Play Store.
If the steps above don’t work, you can restart the YouTube app on your phone. Take the app off your phone and then download it again from the App Store or Google Play Store. Though this is a stronger step, it can often fix the problem.
- 4 Ways To Fix “Something Went Wrong” While Syncing Mail App
- Why Is My YouTube Not Working on Desktop & Android? How To Fix
- 4 Ways To Fix “Something Went Wrong” While Syncing Mail App
- How To Fix System_Application_Force_Next_0007 | 7 Solutions
To sum up, the “Youtube Something Went Wrong” warning on the YouTube mobile app can be annoying, but it’s not impossible. By following the steps above, you can fix the issue and watch YouTube without any problems. Try these steps and let us know what you think in the text box below. We’re on Telegram, Facebook, and Twitter, too! If you want to stay connected with us, be sure to follow us. We’d love to stay in touch!