Larian Studios, the developer of Baldur’s Gate 3 Releases Hotfix 12, a few days after the release of Patch 5.
- Larian Studios, developer of Baldur’s Gate 3, has released Hotfix 12, which fixes crashes and improves split-screen co-op gameplay.
- The frequent updates and dedication to improving the game show that Larian Studios is committed to making Baldur’s Gate 3 the best it can be.
- Although the DLC will not be released until 2024, players can look forward to future content updates and speculate on the addition of new locations.
Developer Larian Studios has released Hotfix 12 for Baldur’s Gate 3. The patch is intended to correct a series of problems for which the studio only found a solution after the release of Patch 5 for Baldur’s Gate 3.
With each update, Baldur’s Gate 3 confirms itself as one of the best games released in 2023. The RPG was released in August this year to great reviews and, although the game wasn’t perfect, Larian Studios confirmed its promise to update the game to make it the best it could be. This is in line with the developer’s previous title, Divinity: Original Sin 2, where new content was added long after its release. The recent Patch 5 update for Baldur’s Gate 3 added an epilogue to the end of the game, in what was by far the biggest update to date. If Larian Studios keeps this up, the game will only get better.
The latest update Baldur’s Gate 3 Releases Hotfix 12, was announced on Twitter by Larian Studios, who confirmed that the update had already been sent to players. Although the list of changes is extremely small, it does include fixes for some crashes, so it’s still a positive step for the game. One of the changes is good news for split-screen Baldur’s Gate 3 players, as Hotfix 12 fixes a glitch relating to the use of a second controller and the activation of two-player mode in certain areas of the game.
Patch 5 for Baldur’s Gate 3 was released just two days ago. However, the fact that Larian Studios can provide players with hotfixes so quickly is a testament to the developers’ hard work. Of course, Larian Studios hasn’t announced any dates or features for Patch 6 of Baldur’s Gate 3, but given the frequency of updates so far, it wouldn’t be surprising if Patch 6 was released before the end of 2023.
While Larian Studios continues to refine the game through these free updates, players are eagerly awaiting what the future holds for Baldur’s Gate 3’s DLC. With such a large game, it can be difficult to satisfy everyone, as each player has their desires and expectations of what they want to see. One of the main theories is the possibility of a new location in Baldur’s Gate 3’s Upper City, cut from the base game. It will certainly be interesting to see which way the developers go, but, likely, players won’t hear about the DLC until 2024 or so.
Baldur’s Gate 3 Releases Hotfix 12 Patch Notes
- Fixed an error that could occur when connecting a second controller and activating split-screen in some regions.
- Fixed crashes at certain points in the game (for example, when talking to Kazador or Isobald Thor in certain situations).