If you are the type of person who would rather have more than one Partition on their hard drive or other storage device, you may lose your info forever. Having more than one disk partition is very helpful because you are less likely to lose your items if your computer crashes.
Many Windows users like to use the built-in Disk Split Utility to split a hard drive. But this will only help you change their size or join them together with extra software.
Actually, it’s only sometimes possible to get safe and easy-to-use split utilities. And when you do, they cost a lot. Most of these kinds of tools cost money, but I’m going to show you AOMEI Partition Assistant 8.4, which is free disk partition software with some advanced features.
AOMEI Partition Assistant 8.4 Version Software
The AOMEI split Assistant 8.4 is a disk split tool that is highly effective and powerful. It is suggested for both home and business users.
That is a reliable and safe tool that promises to have all the features you need to make, remove, resize, merge, split, and merge partitions, among other things. In spite of this, it can make a sector-by-sector copy of the material while moving it to another hard drive. Many tools in AOMEI Partition Assistant version 8.4 can help you move the operating system to a solid-state drive or make the current partitions smaller so that you can make the other drive bigger.
In addition, if you need to set up more than one computer, this program can make a bootable disk that can be used on many computers without having to run the AOMEI Partition Assistant software on each one.
And if you need to change anything about the disk configuration, it’s easy to do; list the tasks you want to do and apply the changes. But the program shows a list of things to do and how long they will take before they are done.
Well, AOMEI Partition Assistant version 8.4 now has a feature called “SSD Secure Erase Wizard” that users can use.
The Secure Erase SSD method was first made by AOMEI Partition Assistant 8.4. It can securely erase an SSD to return it to its original factory settings.
This new feature lets you delete all of your internal data, make complex tasks like copying partitions and whole hard drives easier, balance the SSD, fix bad hard drive sectors, do CG recovery, and get the general performance of Solid State drives back to normal.
AOMEI Partition Assistant 8.4 Pro
This new feature of the Free Partition Manager, on the other hand, only works with Windows 7 right now. With the most recent SSD Secure Erase Wizard, the other versions of Windows do not work. In this case, you can take the SSD out of the first machine and connect it to a computer running Windows 7 OS to erase it.
Without question, AOMEI Partition Assistant version 8.4 is one of the best and most useful free disk partition tools. There are also two types of it: Freeware and Premium (Pro).
Most people can get by with the freeware version, which lets them divide, copy, split, create, delete, resize, change properties (from active to inactive), format, and securely wipe. Besides this, there is also a useful tool that lets you copy, resize, change file types from NTFS to FAT32, and more. With the free AOMEI Partition Assistant version 8.4, you can also move to a new hard drive or SSD. It also makes discs that can boot up Windows Pre-install Environment.
The Pro version of the app lets you change Windows dynamic disks to basic disks, change partitions from logical to main, change partition IDs and serial numbers, and change disks from MBR to GPT and back again. Free rooms can also be moved from one Partition to another.
You won’t need the paid version if all of the pro version features sound confusing. IT professionals who need to get to and keep drives and partitions every day will find all of these features useful.
- Interface that is simple and easy to use
- It works well even before Windows starts up.
- It works with all partition jobs.
- The step-by-step guides will help you finish the job quickly.
- You can save a lot of changes and only use them once.
- Contains a number of useful drive tools.
- The newest version of the SSD Secure Erase Wizard only works with Windows 7.
- It costs a lot for the Pro version.
Key Features of AOMEI Partition Assistant Version 8.4:
- Doesn’t work with Windows Vista, XP, 7, 8, or 10.
- Allow you to make the system section bigger without having to restart the computer.
- With just one click, you can quickly delete whole drive partitions on the drive.
- Any of the following file systems can be set up on the newest partitions: NTFS, FAT/FAT32, exFAT, EXT2/EXT3, or not formatted at all.
- It lets you change both the drive name and the volume label.
- To get rid of all data, hard drives and folders are wiped clean.
- To fix problems, you can use Chkdsk on any mount point.
- AOMEI Backupper Standard Version Latest Review 2023
- “Don’t Panic! Fix Api-Ms-Win-Crt-Runtime-L1-1-0.Dll Error Easily”
- Geforce Experience Error Code 0x0003 | 8 Solutions
What’s New in AOMEI Partition Assistant
- Added “Duplicate Files Finder”: Fast find and remove duplicate files in Windows 7 and above to free up disk space and speed up your computer.
- Fixed issue: After opening the disk or partition properties, clicking the refresh button might cause the program to crash if there is a new device update.
- Fixed issue: Launching the PC Cleaner in individual environments causes the program to crash.
- Fixed some known bugs of “Check Partition.”
- Fixed issue: Program activation failed in individual environments.
- Added “UEFI BIOS Boot Options Manager”: Easily and quickly change, delete, backup, restore, and refresh your EFI/UEFI BIOS Boot Options without manual entry into BIOS.
- Brand-new user interface: The new version brings a more streamlined, modern, and intuitive look and feel.
- Added: support creating multiple partitions on a USB drive and assigning drive letters to each Partition.
- Fixed issue: the program crashes when recovering lost or deleted partitions on a disk whose index number is larger than 10.
- Added “Reset Password”: Remove or reset forgotten Windows password for your computer without logging in.
- Added “Recover Data”: Quickly recover any lost, deleted, formatted data from HDD, SSD, USB drive, SD card, and more devices.
- Fixed issue: Resizing Partition under WinPE stuck at 80% in individual environments.
- Added “Using new mode to resize/move partition in the fastest and safest way” to Resize/Move Partition.
- Fixed issue: Unable to adjust header separator bar on App Mover application list page when there is no application.
- Fixed issue: Unable to terminate the process of moving applications or folders in “App Mover.”
- Enhanced “Dynamic Disk Manager”: Now it allows to conversion of GPT disk from dynamic to basic.
- Fixed issue: The computer cannot boot after converting its dual-boot system disk between MBR and GPT.
- Fixed issue: BCD failure occurs if partial operations of the program cannot obtain the system part GUID in individual environments.
- Fixed some other known bugs.
- Fixed issue: Failed to create bootable media on some Windows 11 systems.
- Fixed issue: The computer cannot boot from the bootable media created in some environments.
- Fixed issue: The error code 13 occurs when resizing/moving the system partition under PreOS mode.
- Greatly enhanced the stability of the system disk conversion between MBR and GPT.
- Greatly enhanced the stability of OS migration and system disk clone.
- Added “Resize/Move BitLocker Partition”: Improved recognition of BitLocker encrypted partition; Support users to resize or move BitLocker encrypted partition( NTFS or FAT32).
- Fixed issue: In some environments, BSoD occurred when Windows boot from the cloned system disk or Partition.
- Fixed issue: Offline key is too long to activate AOMEI Partition Assistant.
- Fixed issue: Registration caused the program to crash in some environments.
- Added” Delete Large Files”: Delete large files by type to save more space on your computer.
- Fixed some known bugs.
- Added” PC Cleaner”: Remove all kinds of junk files from your computer to free up more space and improve computer performance.
- Fixed issue: The text still shows “Hide Partition” when you want to unhide a hidden partition by right-clicking it.
- Fixed some known bugs.
- Enhanced “Migrate OS to SSD,” “Disk Clone Wizard,” and” Partition Clone Wizard”: The built-in “Hot Clone” technique allows you to migrate OS, clone disk, or Partition while you keep working. In other words, you don’t have to reboot your computer to run the cloning process.
- Fixed issue: AOMEI Windows 11 Update Checker in Standard Edition can’t detect 12th Gen Intel® CPU.
- Fixed some known bugs.
- Enhanced “App Mover”: Now also allows users to move folders from one drive to another. For example, applications related to Cache and Downloads folders or large audio and video folders.
- Added “Disk Speed Test”: Quickly measure and certify your disk performance by testing sequential and random read/write speed.
- Optimized “Dynamic Disk Manager”: Now it is compatible with Windows 10/11 Home.
- Enhanced “Disk Defrag”: Now it works under WinPE.
- Fixed issue: The registration window of “Dynamic Disk Manager” is stuck under some environments.
- Fixed issue: The “Dynamic Disk Manager” crashes during registration in some environments.
- Fixed issue: The used space of partitions displayed in AOMEI Partition Assistant doesn’t match Windows Explorer.
- Fixed issue: BSoD occurred when moving some applications with “App Mover.”
- Fixed issue: The interface text of “App Mover” doesn’t display completely.
- Fixed issue: The program crashes when clicking “Close” during moving applications with the “App Mover.”
- Fixed issue: Optimized “Disk Health”: Now it works better on NVME hard drives.
- Fixed issue: Failed to uninstall AOMEI Partition Assistant when Disk Defrag is running in the background.
- Fixed issue: Fixed some other known bugs.
- Added “Schedule Defrag”: Allow users to set up a schedule to defrag the selected drive automatically. Support daily, weekly, monthly, or event trigger schedule settings.
- Optimized “Integrate to Recovery Env.”
- Enhanced the ability to resize NTFS partition: Allow users to move, shrink, extend, or merge the NTFS partition, of which the cluster size is 128KB/256K/512KB/1M/2M.
- Added “Disk Health” shortcut: Monitor disk health status by right-clicking the disk and selecting “Disk Health” in the drop-down menu.
- Fixed issue: The Windows 11 computer cannot enter the WinPE environment when migrating OS to another hard drive.
- Added new language: Danish. Now, AOMEI Partition Assistant supports 19 languages.
- Fixed issue: The error code 104 occurs when converting the MBR system disk to GPT partition style in some cases.
- Fixed issue: The 304 and 305 error codes occur when creating Ex2/3/4 partitions.
- Fixed issue: The program crashes when moving applications on the BitLocker partition to another partition with the “App Mover.”
- Fixed issue: The program cannot completely cover the entire desktop under the full-screen mode when the Windows taskbar is on the left side.
- Fixed issue: The messy code occurs when the program is installed in Russian but runs under an English operating system environment.
- Fixed issue: The system cannot recognize the recovery partition correctly after resizing the boot partition and recovery partition.
- Added “(Health) SMART”: check different hard drive attributes and monitor disk health status so that you can replace a disk or migrate the data before it fails.
- Optimized “Check for updates”: offer more specific information and details on what’s new in the latest version.
- Added “Windows 11 Update Checker”: check whether your PC meets Windows 11 update system requirements.
- Improved user experience.
- Fixed some random issues.
- Added “Disk Defrag”: Analyze the hard disk partition and rearrange fragmented data to optimize disk performance.
- Fixed issue: There is no progress while performing operations in the PreOS mode.
- Added “Create Portable Version”: Install AOMEI Partition Assistant to a removable device so that it directly runs on target computers without installation, which is convenient for IT maintenance and support engineers.
- Fixed issue: The “App Mover” function gets the wrong size for some apps.
- Added: App Mover has added a new function that supports sorting apps by Name or Size.
- Fixed issue: Data loss caused by migrating MicroSoft Project/Office/Visio with APP Mover.
- Fixed issue: There is a prompt for administrator privileges when copying data to a partition after the progress created NTFS.
- Added “App Mover”: Free up space on the selected Partition via moving applications to another drive.
- Optimized the display of disk index number, starting from Disk 0, so as to keep consistent with the Windows built-in Disk Management.
- Fixed issue: the program cannot recognize the Ext4 partitions on a mounted Linux system disk.
- Fixed issue: volume serial number doesn’t display correctly after being modified.
- Fixed issue: The flag of the cloned GPT system disk doesn’t match the source disk.
- Fixed issue: Runtime Error occurred while installing software.
- Added “Shred Files:” Destroy unwanted files and privacy data from your computer to avoid being recovered.
- Fixed some bugs that affected the startup.
- Optimized “Toolbar”: only list commonly used tools so that it becomes more clean.
- Fixed issue: in some cases, the system cannot boot due to disk cloning.
- Optimized installation interface.
- Optimized some prompt texts.
- Reserve licensed information when upgrading to a new version.
- Fixed issue: Windows To Go Creator displays abnormally after loading a Windows installation file.
- Fixed issue: The target system is unable to boot when performing OS migration under PreOS mode.
- Optimized text display for German interface.
- Added ConvertDisk function on the menu bar: one-click to convert a selected disk between MBR and GPT styles without data loss.
- Fixed issue: The program crashes during registration.
- Fixed issue: The WinPE created on a GPT USB flash drive is unable to boot.
- Fixed issue: The program crashes when updating system information during cloning.
- Fixed issue: EntryPoint GetTickCount64 is not found in kernel32.dll on startup in Windows XP.
- Optimized the registration prompt text;
- Optimized the process of entering “Reboot Mode”.
- Added registration verification: To protect the legitimate rights of the licensee, our system will verify information about the license code when launching and registering AOMEI Partition Assistant.
- Improved the compatibility of AOMEI Partition Assistant with Windows 10 versions 1903 and 1909.
- Fixed issue: Error code 5 or code 11 occurs during the process of migrating OS and cloning only the OS partition or the whole system disk.
- Fixed issue: Error 0xc00000e occurs after migrating the OS and cloning only the OS partition or the whole system disk.
- Fixed issue: The computer fails to boot after splitting the system partition into multiple small partitions.
- Fixed issue: The program unexpectedly crashes if you cancel the operation during the process of SSD secure erase.
- Fixed issue: The program displays abnormally on the interface of “Resize/ Move Partition.”
- Fixed issue: Unable to create partitions without a drive letter.
- Optimized Win To function.
- Added: create Windows To Go for Mac computer so that you can boot Windows on your Mac.
- Fixed some bugs and optimized texts.
- Optimized: Support for Windows 10 1903.
- Optimized the interface of the “Resize Partition” feature in order to allocate space more conveniently.
- Fixed issue: drive letter changes when performing operations under a PEative environment.
- Fixed issue: some interface texts display abnormally.
- Fixed issue: The hard disk drive wiping process cannot be canceled midway.
- Optimized task list pane.
- Optimized the interaction pattern in a restart mode.
- Added: HOVER effect on disk list and disk panel.
- Added: Ring display for disk and partition capacity.
- Fixed issue: error code 5 occurs when migrating OS under Windows PE or Native.
- Fixed issue: error code 305 occurs when formatting exFAT to other file systems.
- Fixed issue: the program crashes because the interface doesn’t refresh in time after registration.
- Added a new tile-based interface to display disks and partitions. Learn how to change the tile-based interface to a list interface.
- Fixed some random issues.
- Optimized several details.
- Brand-new user interface: a more modernized look and feel.
- Fixed issue: the program crashes or hangs when performing operations under PreOS mode.
- Fixed issue: The desktop shortcut icon was lost.
- Optimized installation package of AOMEI Partition Assistant.
- Added Languages: Arabic, Dutch (Belgium)
- Optimized text display for some interfaces.
- Windows To USB has been added to the Windows To Go Creator feature, which is for migrating the current system to USB devices and enabling booting from the target movable devices.
- Enhanced “Wipe Hard Drive”: added Fill sectors with random data, DoD 5220.22-M, and Gutmann wiping methods.
- Enhanced “Delete Partition”: added Fill sectors with random data, DoD 5220.22-M, and Gutmann wiping methods when deleting Partition.
- Support to automatically restart the computer into Windows PE mode to perform operations.
- Support Linux EXT4 file system, including creating, deleting, formatting, moving, and copying EXT4 partitions.
- Fixed issue: the program hangs when sector-by-sector copying a partition larger than 1TB of data.
- Fixed issue: the program crashes when performing “Quick Partition” with 4K alignment on an MBR disk larger than 2TB.
- Fixed issue: RAM unreadable occurs when performing disk conversions between MBR and GPT under Windows PE mode.
- Fixed issue: The computer won’t boot or display BSOD after resizing or moving the system partition under PreOS mode.
- Fixed issue: OS won’t boot after migrating to another HDD or SSD under PreOS mode.
- Fixed issue: computer won’t boot after converting system disk between MBR and GPT under PreOS mode.
- Support exFAT file system, including creating, deleting, formatting, moving, and copying exFAT partitions.
- The Windows PE bootable media created on a 64-bit system supports both UEFI and Legacy BIOS boot modes.
- Remove the limitation to resize/move system boot partition in Windows 10, version 1703 and later.
- Added “SSD Secure Erase Wizard”: securely erase your SSD to reset the SSD to its factory state for peak performance.
- Enhanced Windows To Go Creator: support for choosing a system in a WIM file.
- For safety, add a limitation to resize/move boot partition in Windows 10, version 1703, and later under Windows and PreOS environments. However, there is no limitation under the Windows PE environment.
- Fixed issue: in rare cases, error code 6 occurs during conversion between MBR and GPT.
- Fixed issue: an encrypted disk will be initialized.
- Fixed some other known issues.
- Added “Integrate to Recovery Environment” wizard: allows you to add AOMEI Partition Assistant and AOMEI Backupper into the recovery environment of the current system.
- Enhanced Windows To Go Creator: support to install Windows 7 onto a USB flash drive or a removable disk.
- Support to create a second Ext2/Ext3 partition on SD cards and USB flash drives without formatting.
- Fixed issue: drivers are not digitally signed with EV certificate on the Windows 10 Anniversary version.
- Enhanced GPT to MBR disk conversion: support to convert a GPT disk that has more than 4 partitions to an MBR disk.
- Fully clone the system disk between MBR and GPT partition styles and ensure the system is able to boot from the destination disk (e.g., clone system disk from GPT to MBR, MBR to GPT, GPT to GPT, MBR to MBR).
- Enhanced the ability of Windows PE bootable disc to recognize devices: automatically integrate existing hardware drivers of the current system into Windows PE when creating.
- Added an option to manually add hardware drivers into Windows PE bootable disc when creating.
- Added an option to choose “Quick Partition” when right click on a disk so that it makes “Quick Partition” easy to use.
- Added a function to check the charge of a laptop before disk partitioning to prevent abnormal shutdown.
- Fixed a random issue: the system is unable to boot after OS migration.
- Fixed a random issue: display Code:12 when performing partition operations under PreOS mode.
- Fixed a random issue: display Code:2 – failed to assign a drive letter.
- Fixed a random issue: the program was stuck at System Updating.
- Fixed a random issue of disk clone.
- Fixed the issue of progress display when performing partition operations from the command prompt.
- Added command line partitioning support for resizing/moving partitions without data loss, creating partitions, deleting partitions, formatting partitions, and other partition operations.
- Added Quick Partition: very convenient and specially designed for users who need to partition a hard drive regularly or create the same partition layout for large quantities of computers.
- Enhanced Windows To Go Creator: support to install Windows 10 onto a USB flash drive or a removable disk.
- Fixed issue: display a text message in Windows 10.
- Updated Languages: German, Italian, Spanish, Polish, and Hungarian.
- Added Languages: Dutch, Turkish, and Chinese Traditional.
- Support the latest Windows 10.
- Fixed issue: Mac partition recognized as unallocated space.
- Fixed issue: Autochk program unavailable after partitioning Windows 8/8.1.
- Added an option for OS migration: support for migrating the system to the destination disk directly.
- Added an option for OS migration: keep the partition style of the destination disk consistent with the source disk.
- Fixed random issue: unable to boot Windows from destination disk after OS migration.
- Enhanced Windows To Go Creator: add support for Windows 8/8.1 ESD installation (install. esd) file.
- Improved NTFS to FAT32 Converter: add support for checking and repairing errors in Partition before converting.
- Enhanced safety of merging partitions: make a check during merging to ensure all files have been successfully copied.
- Fix the random problem of “Loading system” when partitioning Windows 8.
- Convert system disk between MBR and GPT styles. [paid]
- Migrate system to SSD and support MBR and GPT disk. [paid]
- Windows To Go Creator, installing Windows 8 to a removable flash drive.
- Create Windows PE bootable media without having to install AIK/WAIK.
- Completely support hard disk with 4096 bytes sector size.
- Fully compatible with Windows 8.1.
- Improvements in quality and some bug fixes.
- Support multiple languages, including English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Japanese and Chinese.
- Support Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012/2016.
- Partition Alignment: Align Partitions to boost the performance and lifespan of the disk.
- Rebuild MBR: Rebuild MBR to repair or add boot code.
- OS Migration Wizard: Migrate OS to SSD/HDD with a simple wizard.
- Partition Recovery Wizard: Recover lost or deleted partitions with ease.
- Make Bootable CD Wizard: Manage disk partitions under WinPE 3.0 disk.
- GPT&MBR Conversions: Convert GPT disk to MBR disk without data loss and vice. Versa.
- Linux partition management: Create, delete, format, wipe, copy, recover Ext2/Ext3 partition, etc.
- Change partition type ID.
- Change serial number.
- Allocate Free Space
- Merge two partitions
- Split one big Partition into two or more.
- Convert primary Partition to logical and vice versa.
- Convert the FAT partition to NTFS.
- Improved algorithm to ensure a faster and safer process of resizing/moving partitions.
- Support GPT disk up to 4TB and USB flash drive.
- Compatible with Windows 8 Developer Preview, Windows Home Server 2011, and Windows Small Business Server 2011.
- Disk Copy Wizard.
- Partition Copy Wizard.
- Wipe a single hard disk.
- Surface Test.
- Wipe Partition.
- Fully support Windows Vista 64-bit, Windows 7 64-bit, and Windows Server 200, 2016 64-bit operating systems.
- Resize/Create/Delete/Hide/Convert/Label partition, Extend Partition Wizard, Change Drive Letter, Set Active Partition, Check Errors.
- Shrink Volume.
- Extend Volume.