Several Windows, Xbox, and game pass apps have claimed that the Halo Infinite campaign won’t download or install.
When you click the “Apply” button to download the Campaign, it says that an update will be installed, but nothing is downloaded. The game also shows that the Campaign has been downloaded while the Campaign is being played.
A lot of gamers said they couldn’t download Halo Infinite’s story mode, which is annoying.
Here in this piece, we’ve put together a list of possible solutions that have helped other users fix the issue and download or install the Halo Infinite campaign.
Why isn’t the Halo Infinite Campaign Downloading?
- The download process is stuck, which is making the game less fun.
- The PC doesn’t meet the needs of the game, so you can’t run or download the Campaign.
- The downloading process can’t work because of the way your computer is set up for IPV6.
- Some Steam download caches are broken, or the custom graphics setting needs to be set to the right amount.
- Because your Windows operating system is out of date, the new version of the game campaign won’t be able to be launched on your PC.
How to Fix If I Can’t Download Halo Infinite Campaign?
Solution 1: Restart Your Computer
You can cancel the Halo Infinite Campaign download and restart your PC. That is the first and best way to keep going with the download. You can fix the Halo Infinite campaign not downloading problem by deleting temporary files and cache, ending background processes, and making sure tools and software are up to date.
That can also fix any download errors or breaks caused by damaged files, not enough system resources, or old software, letting the download finish smoothly.
- To begin, stop the download that is already happening and open the Task Manager by hitting Ctrl, Shift, and Esc at the same time.
- Now, pick out all of Halo Infinite’s background jobs and click on the End Task button.
- Press the Windows + D keys together to get to the desktop. Then, press Alt and F4 at the same time, choose Last, and click the OK button.
Solution 2: Check the System Requirements
By checking the system requirements, you can be sure that your PC has the bare minimum that it needs to run the game. Your computer might only be able to download or run the game properly if it meets the conditions.
By looking at the system requirements, you can find out what tools or software you need to get in order to play the game.
Halo Infinite needs the following systems at the very least:
AMD FX-8370 or Intel i5-4440 for the CPU
8 GB of RAM
Video Card: AMD Radeon RX 570 or Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Video RAM: 4096 MB
Shader for 5.1 pixels and 5.1 vectors
Window 10 RS3 x64 is the OS.
50 GB OF FREE DISK SPACE
What kind of computer should I have to play Halo Infinite?
CPU: Intel i7-9700k or AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
16 MB of RAM
RAM FOR VIDEO: 8192 MB VIDEO CARD: Radeon RX 5700 XT or Nvidia RTX 2070
Shader for 5.1 pixels and 5.1 vectors
Windows 10 19H2 x64 is the operating system.
50 GB OF FREE DISK SPACE
Solution 3: Disable IPv6 in your Internet
Some older networking gear or software may not fully work with IPv6, which could make Halo: Infinite Campaign not download.
These compatibility problems can sometimes stop the game’s computers from talking to your computer, which can lead to download errors or the game not starting at all. If you turn off IPv6, your computer will use the older IPv4 system instead. That may work better with your network setup and fix these problems.
- To open the Run box, press the Windows and R keys at the same time.
- After that, type ncpa.cpl into the Run box and click OK.
- Right-click on your network adapter on the next screen.
- Finally, use the drop-down menu to select “Properties.”
- Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) should not be selected in the Wi-Fi Properties box.
- To keep the changes you’ve made, click OK.
Solution 4: Clear Steam Download Caches
The files you get when you download a game from Steam are kept in the download cache, which is a brief spot on your computer. These files become damaged or incomplete over time, which leads to download problems or the game not starting up at all.
When you clear the Steam download cache, these temporary files are deleted. That makes Steam download the game files again from the beginning, which can help make sure the download is full and free of errors.
- Press Steam in the upper left area of Steam on your PC.
- Press Settings from the list that comes up next.
- Now, click on Downloads and scroll all the way to the bottom of the screen.
- Click on CLEAR DOWNLOAD CACHES. If you are asked, repeat them and move on.
After this is done, open Steam and see if the problem with Halo: Infinite installation not finishing is fixed.
Solution 5: Set Custom Graphics Option
Your computer must have enough memory, processing power, and graphics power to run the game easily after you download it. You might have performance problems like Halo Infinite Campaign not installing or Halo Infinite crashing during the download or while you’re playing if your computer doesn’t meet the game’s suggested specs or if you have other programs running in the background.
Setting custom graphics choices lets you change the game’s settings to work better with your computer and make it run more smoothly. Just follow the steps given below.
- To get to Settings, press Windows + I.
- Next, click on System Now, then select Display from the menu on the left. Next, go to Graphics Settings and click on Browse.
- Next, go to where you installed Steam and click on the HaloInfinite.exe file in the list of programs.
Start the game up again and try getting the Campaign again. Check to see if the download goes well.
Solution 6: Download the Halo Infinite Campaign from the Microsoft Store
There are a lot of third-party websites and services that let you download games, but they are only sometimes safe or trusted. If you want to download games for your Windows PC, the Microsoft Store is a safe and legal place to do so.
If you download the game from the Microsoft Store, you can be sure that you are getting a real copy that has been checked to make sure it works with your machine.
Here are the steps you need to take to get Halo: Infinite Campaign from the Microsoft Store.
- Type “Microsoft Store” after pressing the Windows key.
- To get Halo Infinite Campaign, type its name into the search bar and click Get.
- If you find the game in the Store, you can start getting it.
Solution 7: Check Download Windows Updates
To run properly, games, especially new and demanding ones like Halo Infinite, need certain system requirements and updates. If your computer’s working system is old, it might need to have the drivers or software you need to download and play the game properly.
You can make sure that your computer has the most up-to-date drivers, patches, and fixes for the game by updating your Windows operating system.
That can include changes to network drivers, graphics drivers, and other software parts that are needed to download and play the game.
- Press and hold Windows + I. That will take you to Settings.
- Select “Update & Security” from the menu.
- Then, as shown, click on Check for Updates.
- To get the new version, press Install Now. If your PC is already up to date, you will get Your current one.
- After you update the device, turn your PC back on and see if the download works now.
Solution 8: Reset the Microsoft Store on your PC
Apps and games, like Halo Infinite, can be downloaded and installed on your PC from the Microsoft Store.
There could be problems with the Microsoft Store app that make it hard to download and set up other apps and games, including Halo Infinite.
If the Microsoft Store app is giving you trouble, resetting it can fix it and make it work again, so you can download and run Halo: Infinite without any issues.
- Type “Microsoft Store” after pressing the Windows key.
- Then, go to App settings and click on the MS Store link.
- In the next screen, scroll down and press the Reset button.
- To be sure, click on “Reset” again and then restart your PC.
Solution 9: Clear the Delivery Optimization Files
Windows 10 has a tool called Delivery Optimization that lets you get Windows updates and apps from other computers online. That makes the download process go faster.
However, if there are any damaged or out-of-date Delivery Optimization files, it could make it impossible to install Halo Infinite Campaign. That can happen when getting and installing games and apps, including Halo Infinite.
When you clear the Delivery Optimization files, you get rid of any damaged or old files that are connected to the feature and return the settings to their original state. To get rid of the delivery optimization files on your PC, do these steps.
- Press and hold the Windows and I keys at the same time to open the Windows Settings.
- Click on System now.
- Then, go to the left window and click on Storage. On the right, click on Temporary Files.
- Now, click the box next to Delivery Optimization Files and select “Remove files.”
Solution 10: Download the Halo Infinite Multiplayer
By downloading and installing the multiplayer part, some of the necessary files might be fixed or updated. That might fix any problems that are stopping the Campaign from downloading or running correctly.
Look for Halo: Infinite Multiplayer in the Microsoft Store, and then follow the on-screen instructions to download the game. Once the download is done, try to download the Halo Infinite Campaign again to see if the problem with installation is now fixed.
Some users have also said that starting the multiplayer download first, pausing it, and then switching to the story download can help fix Halo Infinite installations that still need to be finished.
Solution 11: Reinstall Halo Infinite
Reinstalling Halo Infinite would fix any broken or missing files that were stopping the game from downloading or installing properly. Second, reinstalling the game makes sure you have the most recent version, which may include any changes or updates that fix the problem you’re having.
It also helps to get rid of any temporary files or settings that are getting in the way of the download. But keep in mind that restarting the game takes a lot of time and should only be done after all other troubleshooting steps have been tried and failed.
- Go to the LIBRARY tab in the top menu of Steam and open it.
- That will bring up the Halo Infinite game. Right-click on it to open it.
- Now, go to Manage and click the “Uninstall” button.
- Next, click the “Uninstall” button to confirm what you want to do.
- Finally, click the “Delete” button to finish uninstalling.
- To reinstall Halo Infinite, go to the Steam STORE and look for it in the library. Wait until the game is completely gone.
- Fix File Extension Error Or Problems: Detailed Guide 2023
- AOMEI Partition Assistant 8.4 [Latest 2023] Review
And that’s all there is to it for how to fix Halo Infinite Campaign not downloading or installing on PC. This guide should help you quickly learn how to download Halo: Infinite Campaign by following the steps.
I’ve made a list of possible methods that have helped many PC users get past the problem in this blog.
Still, you can use the PC AOMEI Partition Assistant to look over your system because sometimes the game won’t work right because of a problem with the PC and will show different mistakes. So, it would be best if you used this advanced tool to scan your system and fix any mistakes, corrupted Windows system files, etc.
Please feel free to write us on our Facebook page if you have any questions about this subject. Remember to follow us on social media to get more fun guides and useful information to keep your computer free of problems. We’re on Telegram, Facebook, and Twitter too! If you want to stay connected with us, be sure to follow us. We’d love to stay in touch!
Best of luck!