How to Fix Error 651 in Windows 10/8 & 7?: Everyone knows why the Windows operating system is popular among users because this OS provides a very user-friendly operating system worldwide. But everything could be better because the Windows system starts showing some Windows error messages, which users keep affecting the computer system and laptop’s entire work and other activities. We’ll examine “How to Fix Error code 651 in Windows 7/8.1/10.”It is annoying, and many Windows users are worried about this problem. The problem appears when users perform any web\internet-related tasks using bridge mode and also occurs when users try to connect via a PPPoE connection.
It is similar to Windows error code 6978 on Windows XP. It may not be a serious problem in a few cases, but often, the modem or router hangs down, and the real problem arises because the desktop can’t use its Internet connection through Windows. No need to worry more. This article lists all the solutions for Fix Error 651 in Windows 10/8 & 7. Follow them to solve your problem.
What are the Causes of Error 651 in Windows 10/8 & 7?
Below is a list of some of the reasons why error 651 in Windows 10/8 & 7 appears in the Windows operating system. Please have a look at them and learn about them.
- Damaged IP settings may be incorrect.
- Corruption in the Windows registry database.
- Suppose the system file is called raspppoe. Sys is misplaced or corrupted.
- The Internet setup needs to be fixed.
- Not the right broadband connection.
- The desktop’s LAN card is disabled.
- The system driver has been corrupted as a result of the malware assault.
- A third-party firewall program is preventing the connection.
So, when you know the reason for error 651, use the solutions below to eliminate this error and solve your problem.
How Can I Fix Error 651 in Windows 10/8 & 7?
Solution 1: Power Cycle Modem and Router
Restart your router, and follow the steps below.
- First, turn off the computer, and turn off the router, then turn off the modem.
- Then, remove all cables connected to the computer, modem, or router.
- Finally, connect them all and reboot your Windows computer.
Solution 2: Repair the Registry Database and Remove Junk Registry Keys
Generally, some of the main reasons behind error code 651 are bad registry or corrupt registry keys cause this problem. So, to fix the corrupted registry database, you need to delete the junk registry keys. You can try CCleaner. This software is programmed to scan and remove corrupted registry systems and DLL files. It will help you deal with driver issues.
Solution 3: Repair and Update the raspppoe. sys the file
Another major reason for this problem is the RAS PPPoE file in the wrong location. This system file is in the Windows Seven driver or raspppoe. Sys.
First, check if the original file is in its original location and then make a backup for future use. If this file is not found, follow the solutions below.
- Download the raspppoe .sys file online, or copy this file from another correct computer or laptop.
- After moving the file to a specific location, C:\Windows\System32\Drivers
- Finally, try to connect the modem; hopefully, it will work fine.
You may connect another device to your modem without seeing error 651 after fixing and upgrading the raspppoe.sys file.
Solution 4: Create a New PPP0E Connection
As I mentioned, the problem is due to the PPP0E connection, which must be configured properly. So, deleting the old one and creating a new connection can fix the error 651.
To do this, follow the steps given below step by step:
- Tap the Windows key and open the Control Panel.
- Tap Network & Internet and select View Status and Tasks.
- And then select “Set up a new connection or internetwork.”
- To make a new PPP0E connection, choose “Connect to the Internet” and click Next.
- Select Broadband (PPPoE).
- Enter a name for the connection, enter a username, password, and IPS information, and click the Connect button.
After completing all these steps and the correct credentials, you can easily connect to the Internet without the 651 error.
Solution 5: Reinstall LAN Card Drivers
Install the LAN card driver on your desktop, then install a new one again to Fix Error 651 in Windows 10/8 & 7 on the modem connection.
This reinstallation method will help you to fix error 651 and get your modem connection working properly.
Solution 6: Turn off IPV6 in Windows 7,8
Internet Protocol Version 6 (IPV6) is a difficult Windows Internet and Modem component. Try turning off 6 (IPV6). Sometimes, even this solves the problem.
- From the Start menu, go to Control Panel and then click Network and Sharing Center.
- Select Properties and then uncheck the Internet Protocol Version Six (TCP/IPV6) option.
- After you have disabled IPv6 from the Windows operating system, try to connect to the Internet and see if the error 651 problem is resolved.
Solution 7: Create a New Dialer and Reboot the ADSL modem router
It may be the shortest way to Fix Error 651 in Windows 10/8 & 7. Create a new dialer and delete the old dialer. First, remove your dialer and then create a new one. After this process, restart the ADSL modem router and re-establish your connection.
Fix different PC Errors and Issues.
Try the PC Repair Tool for many Windows PC errors and problems that are very stubborn and cannot be fixed manually. Professionals designed This advanced repair tool, making it easy for anyone to handle.
This tool helps you to fix all the errors on your computer, such as DLL, browser, registry, BSOD, update, game error, repair system files, and many other things that can be fixed in just a few clicks. You need to download the tool. It will scan your PC for detected problems and fix them automatically. And will improve PC performance in a new way and speed up your PC.
Watch-Out Other Articles
- 5 Ways To Remove Shortcut Virus From Pen Drive
- How To Fix Roblox Error Code 279?
- Your Computer Or Network May Be Sending Automated Queries
I am concluding this article with solutions to help you Fix Error 651 in Windows 10/8 & 7 from your Windows operating system. Do the solutions one by one correctly and see which is suitable to solve error 651 when connecting to the Internet. Also, you can scan your computer with PC Repair Tool, a recommended tool to clean your system from errors. And you can find your solution. I hope this article will be useful in solving your problems and other questions. If you have any questions or suggestions, please write to us on our Twitter, Telegram, and Facebook pages.