Do you need help with your Windows 10 PIN Not Working? Can’t you log in to your PC or laptop? You got locked out of your PC and don’t know how to get back in.
You can sign in with a password instead of your PIN and then change your PIN to try to figure out why your Windows 10 PIN isn’t working.
Microsoft Windows 10 has a function called Windows Hello that lets users sign in to their devices with a PIN. You can use both capital and small letters and special characters to set a PIN.
It’s safer and better than a password. In Windows 10. you can turn on Windows Hello and set a PIN to protect your PC or laptop.
That’s it! If your PIN is Not Working after updating to Windows 10, read this piece and follow the steps to fix the problem.
Why Is My Microsoft PIN Not Working in Windows 10?
The main reason your PIN isn’t working and you can’t get into your system is that there’s a problem with your user account.
Microsoft PIN won’t work if your user account is hacked. Another reason could be that you recently updated your Windows OS.
There may be changes that mess up your system, and the PIN needs to be fixed. Windows 10 could be one of them.
How to Fix PIN Not Working In Windows 10/11?
Use the below methods to fix the Windows 10/11 pin not working problem and get your PIN to work again. That will allow you to log in safely.
Fix 1- Create a New PIN
Remove Old PIN:
- Press the Windows key >Go to settings >Select Accounts section
- If your PIN doesn’t work in Windows 10, you can try making a new one. Please take out the PN first and then add it back in. That might help you figure out what’s wrong.
- Click on the “Sign In” button.
- Next to Windows Hello PIN, click the “Remove” button. Windows will ask you to make sure you really want to get rid of the PIN. Once more, click the Remove button.
- Type in the password for the account and click OK.
By following these steps, the PIN is taken away. Now, make the PIN again.
Create a New PIN:
- Once more, click on the Windows Hello PIN and then click on the “Add” button.
- Make the PIN with numbers and letters, then click OK.
Once you have made a new PIN, turn your PC back on and see if the new PIN works.
Fix 2- Remove the Ngc Folder
You should open the Ngc folder and delete everything in it if you can’t get into your Windows 10 with the PIN.
- Please sign in to Windows 10 and open the File Explorer.
- Click and hold on to the Ngc folder, then choose Properties.
- To get to the Advanced button, click on the Security tab.
- Click on “Change” next to “Owner.”
- In Administrators, Type in Type the name of the thing to choose an area.
- After clicking on Check names, click OK.
- Place a checkmark next to Replace owner on items and sub-containers, then click Apply and then OK.
- You can now go to the Ngc folder.
- Open the Ngc folder, pick out all of them, and delete them.
For an easier way to change the permissions on the Ngc directory, use the command line. Some command-line skills will be needed for this method.
Fix 3- Choose a Different Sign-in option.
PIN for Windows 10 If you get the “something went wrong” message when you try to sign in to your PC or laptop, you can pick a different choice from the screen and get in.
You will be given two sign-in choices when you click on “sign-in options”: password sign-in and PIN sign-in.
To choose the password sign-in, press the Tab key on your computer. You can use the PIN login once the other ways to sign in start working. After that, you should be able to properly log in to Windows.
That will fix the issue where the PIN won’t work in Windows 10.
Fix 4- Try the On-Screen Keyboard
If your Windows PIN isn’t working, it’s easy and quick to fix by using an on-screen keyboard.
When you first turn on your PC, you’ll see a keyboard button during login. This button can be used to turn on the keyboard that’s shown on the screen.
In this way, you can quickly use the virtual keyboard to enter the PIN and log in to your Windows computer.
Fix 5- Change the Settings of Group Policy
Users can change how the system works with group policy tools. Your PIN might not work in Windows 10 after the update. You can make changes to the settings of the group policy.
- Press and hold Windows + R
- Click OK after typing gpedit.msc
- You can find Administrative Templates > System > Logon in the Group Policy Editor.
- To use the ease of a PIN, find it and double-click on it.
- Click on the Apply button, then click OK in the next box.
You should be able to use your PIN without any problems now that the group policy has been changed.
Changes to the group policy settings will also help you fix the problem if you can’t sign in to your Microsoft account.
Fix 6- Uninstall the Antivirus
You might be having trouble with the PIN not working in Windows 10 because of the antivirus software you have loaded.
Also, it would be best if you got rid of the antivirus software and any files that are connected to it from your Windows.
That is a sophisticated repair tool that can find and fix a wide range of Windows issues and persistent computer errors with just one check. Not only does it fix errors, but it also makes your Windows PC run like new, which fixes many Windows errors.
You can use this to fix updating errors, fix damaged Windows system files, fix DLL errors, fix registry errors, stop viruses and other malware from infecting your computer, and a lot more.
See Related Stories
- How To Fix Windows 10 Update Error 0x80096004?
- How To Fix Slow PC Performance Windows 10?
- Local Security Authority Protection Is Off On Windows 10?
OK, everyone. That is the end of my piece.
The Windows PIN is a great way to log in because you don’t have to remember a long password. However, the PIN can cause problems, like when it stops working in Windows 10.
There are a lot of good options on this page that will fix the PIN problem in your Windows operating system and let you log in.
Try each option one at a time to see which one works best to fix the problem. As soon as your PIN starts to work, use the suggested fix to thoroughly check your PC for any errors.
This post helped you find the answer to your Windows 10 PIN question. We’re on Telegram, Facebook, and Twitter, too! If you want to stay connected with us, be sure to follow us. We’d love to stay in touch!