How to Fix Roblox Error Code 279?: Roblox error code 279 is a connection problem, and turning off third-party antivirus and Windows firewall may help. Read this article completely to follow the solution in detail. Roblox is a popular online game creation platform, but despite its popularity, from time to time, gamers have reported various errors and glitches, like fixing Roblox error code 279. Many gamers have managed to fix Roblox error 279 to solve their slow internet connection problem, as a connection error caused by a bad internet connection.
Moreover, other fixes include disabling Windows Firewall and third-party antivirus programs. Therefore, this article provides information and tentative solutions to fix the errors. So, this article provides information and solutions to fix the errors.
What is the meaning of Roblox Error Code 279?
Fix Roblox error 279 connection error and failure error appear when the user tries to connect to the game server, and as a result, Rowblox fails to load games and displays an error message.
Fail to connect to the Game, ID = 17: A connection attempt failed, Error Code 279.
What Causes Roblox Error Code 279?
Connection problems usually cause error 279 because something in your computer is blocking or interfering with RowBlocks.
Here are some factors to check which can cause the error.
- Usually, game objects take longer than usual to connect due to a bad internet connection and may start showing errors.
- A Windows firewall or antivirus program on your system may cause the game to stop.
- If a bad game or limited to a few servers, your game server might be experiencing some bugs, script errors, or too many atoms to handle.
- Unsupported browsers or third-party browsers can cause add-ons.
These are some of the culprits that cause Error 279 in Roblox. Now follow the given remedies to fix the error.
How Do I Fix Roblox Error 279?
Fix 1: Disable Windows Firewall
It is recommended here to temporarily disable Windows Firewall and try connecting to the game again. If it works for you, the problem may be caused by limitations enforced by Windows Firewall.
Try to manually allow Roblox in the Windows firewall by following the steps.
- Click the Start menu, then type Windows Defender Firewall in the search box.
- Next, tap Turn Windows Defender Firewall On or Off.
- Look under the Private or Public section, then Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off is checked.
- And then tap on OK.
Check if fixed or not.
Fix 2: Solve Slow Internet Connection
Please check whether your internet connection is functioning properly or not. If not, it can also cause RowBlocks error 279. Try connecting to another Internet connection and check if the error code 279 still appears. Troubleshooting connection problems may be done by contacting your internet service provider.
Fix 3: Check Your Browser
If your browsers use Roblox, use it on a supported browser. Some browsers do not support Roblox and, therefore, cannot run the game. Also, check if the browser is updated. In addition, you can also go to different browsers. For example, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Opera are the best browsers with Roblox.
Fix 4: Turn off 3rd Party Browser Addons
It is confirmed that up browser extensions or addons can also cause problems while running Roblox and error 279. Check if you have installed an ad blocker add-on on your web browser; this may cause the game not to load. So, turn off the third-party add-ons or extensions before starting Roblox and check if the problem is fixed.
Fix 5: Reset Default Browser Options
Try a simple reset of Internet Options, as this has also resolved the error for many users.
Follow the steps to do the same for Chrome here:
- Open Chrome, and it should be your default browser.
- Open the Geared icon and click on Internet Options.
- To reset, click the Advanced button and tap on this reset.
- Finally, close the Chrome browser.
Try opening the game to check if error code 279 is resolved.
Fix 6: Try Port Forwarding
The network does not have the necessary range of ports open for Roblox, and port forwarding can solve the problem and allow Roblox to connect easily.
Here are a few steps to do so:
- Open the router controller panel and log in as administrator.
- Go to the Port Forwarding category.
- Enter your system’s IP address, 49152–65535, and choose UDP.
- Restart the router after the process is complete.
Hope your problem is solved.
Fix 7: Disable 3rd Party Antivirus.
A third-party antivirus program on the system may also prevent Roblox from connecting and result in failed uploads. Try turning off the antivirus program temporarily and then reconnect to Roblox. If it works for you, add the Roblox game to the exception list and try running both antivirus and open Roblox. Hope the given solutions will work for you. But if not, try reinstalling Roblox, installing the game, and then reinstalling the updated version.
Optimize Your Gaming Performance on Windows 10 PC
If your game is slow or lagging, improve your game’s performance by running Game Booster. It boosts the game by optimizing system resources and offers better gameplay. Not only this, the game also fixes common issues like lagging and low FPS.
Watch-Out Other Articles
- Your Computer or Network May be Sending Automated Queries
- How to Fix Windows 10 Activation Error 0x80041023
- How to Fix BSOD Error Caused by KB4517389 Update Windows 10
So, here is everything about Roblox error 279, and I tried to list the best possible solutions. That works for many gamers. It is estimated that one of our given solutions has solved the error. Make sure to follow the given solutions carefully. We’re on Facebook, Telegram and Twitter, too! If you want to stay connected with us, be sure to follow us. We’d love to stay in touch!