Runtime Error r6016 on Windows 8 happens when there is a disagreement between different programs or when there is malware or a virus on your computer. This causes the program to become corrupted and not work right.
This runtime error r6016 happens when you try to open a program or piece of software with a virus or malware or when you try to open a program that doesn’t have enough memory and shows several errors.
A lot of people who use Windows 8 are getting R6016 startup problems. This mistake causes a message to be shown.
If you can’t do certain things, you might not be able to quit a game or have trouble shutting down Google Chrome. Then you can’t work because of the r6016 error. If you’re looking for a way to fix this error, your search stops here. In this piece, you’ll learn how to completely fix chrome runtime error r6016.
So, what are you waiting for? Read this piece, follow each step, and your Windows 8 should work again without any more problems. But let’s find out why this runtime mistake is happening first.
Why do I get the Runtime Error r6016 message?
Many things can cause this runtime error r6016, but here are the most common ones that many Windows users see.
- Lack of space on the hard drive
- Malware or attack with a virus
- Registry files that are broken.
- When the system.exe file gets damaged, you must force the computer to shut down.
Now that you know what made this mistake happen, you can move on to how to fix it.
How to Fix Runtime Error r6016?
Runtime errors are annoying, so you should follow instructions carefully.
Solution 1. Uninstall the Graphic Card Driver
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Error can sometimes be caused by the driver for the graphics card. It would help if you uninstalled it to fix this problem.
Follow the steps:
- Type Device Manager into the Windows and open it.
- Right-click on the video card and double-click on the Display adapter.
- Click on Remove Device.
- Now, check the box next to Delete the software driver for this device and click Uninstall.
- Close Device Manager and turn on your computer again.
After removing the graphics driver, try reopening the apps to see if they still show the r6016 error.
Solution 2. Perform Clean Boot
Startup apps can also mess up your system, which can cause an R6016 runtime problem. A clean boot can fix this problem. To do this, follow these steps:
- Press the Windows+R key.
- Type msconfig and hit the OK button.
- Click on the service tab in the system setup window that pops up.
- Check the “Hide all Microsoft services” box and then click “Disable all.”
- Now, click the tab called “General.”
- Click on “selective startup” and uncheck “load startup items.”
- Click “OK,” and then restart Windows.
- Check to see if this runtime error is still happening.
Solution 3. Turn Off the Compatibility Mode
Even though you can run old apps on your PC with the help of the compatibility mode, it can also sometimes cause runtime problems like the r6016 error.
You need to turn off compatibility mode to fix this error. To do this, follow these steps:
- Find the app that gives you this message when you try to open it.
- Right-click it and choose “Properties.”
- Go to compatibility mode and uncheck the choice. Run this program in compatibility mode by clicking “OK.”
After doing these things, try running the program again, and the r6016 problem message won’t appear.
An Automatic Fix For A Number of Driver Problems
Additionally, you may use the Driver Easy For Windows application automatically to fix a variety of driver problems. With only a single scan, this sophisticated program finds and replaces all of the outdated drivers.
Additionally, locate the corrupted or damaged drivers and notify you of them.
The information I supplied will fix runtime problem r6016. Put some effort towards applying such solutions now. After using the following options, you should be able to fix the issue and resume Windows 8 activities. Hope you like this essay and solved the r6016 error.
If you have any other problem, you can contact us by commenting below to contact us. We’re on Facebook, Twitter, and Telegram too! If you want to stay connected with us, be sure to follow us. We’d love to stay in touch!