Low Virtual Memory Windows 11/10 Running heavy programs like AutoCAD, games, or Visual Studio can cause your window system to randomly slow down or become very slow or crawly. So, your system might have issues. When the Windows operating system runs out of Memory, it joins virtual Memory to store the least used pages in the pagefile. Sys and “Your computer does not have enough version memory available,” e.g., Errors may appear. This article has ways to solve Low Virtual Memory in Windows 11/10 Problems to increase and decrease computer virtual memory.
What is Virtual Memory?
Virtual Memory helps the operating system run programs requiring more resources. With the help of a virtual memory system, you can easily run heavy-duty programs. But Windows 10 may face low virtual Memory when Windows cannot access pagefile. Sys. Follow the below solutions to fix Windows 10 low memory error, but first, find out why your system’s virtual Memory is so low.
What Causes Running Low Virtual Memory Windows 11/10?
A low virtual memory error appears when your Windows PC’s Vision memory is set to a custom size that is too small, and the amount of Memory requested by the application exceeds that amount. An operating system adjusts the size of the page file. Sys, after calculating the amount of RAM installed in the PC. And, if your computer has 8 GB of RAM, the virtual memory size specified by Windows would be two GB on a 32-bit system and about four GB on a 64-bit system.
If you are experiencing a very low Windows 10 virtual memory error, it means that the program you are trying to run demands too much Memory and cannot be handled by virtual Memory. So, if you need to increase virtual Memory in Windows 10, follow the steps below.
How to Increase Virtual Memory in The Windows 10/11?
If you want to eliminate low virtual Memory, you must set virtual Memory to high. So, follow the instructions below and fix very few virtual memory errors.
- Press the Window+R key together to open the Run dialog box.
- To open the System Properties window, type sysdm. Cpl.
- Afterward, go to the Advanced tab and tap the Settings button in the Performance section.
- After opening the Performance Options window, go to the Advanced tab.
- Tap to the Change button in the Virtual Memory section.
- Next, a new window will appear. Click the checkbox at the top that says Automatically manage patching files for all drivers.
- You can set the new initial pagefile after clicking the Custom Size radio button. Sys size with the maximum size.
- Click the OK button, then click Apply on the next window and restart your computer.
“Your computer does not have enough virtual memory available” error after increasing virtual Memory is now fixed.
How to Fix Low Virtual Memory Windows 10/11 Error?
Solution 1: Add More RAM
Pagefile. Sys uses system hard disk space to create virtual Memory much slower than actual RAM. So, adding more RAM will help you get rid of too little virtual memory Windows 10 errors.
Solution 2: Disable Apps and Programs
Windows 10 low memory error can also be caused by apps and programs that consume the entire system memory. Therefore, closing these programs to solve the low virtual memory problem is recommended. But first, reach the memory-hogging apps and programs installed on your PC laptop.
Follow the steps below:
- Open the task manager by pressing these keys together: Ctrl+Shift+ESC.
- Select the Processes tab and choose Memory to filter the Memory.
- Right-click the particular application and choose End Task.
- That’s when the memory-eating applications and apps are turned off.
Solution 3: Clean Temporary Files & Folders
As a computer user, you must know that many junk files accumulate while using the computer or the web browser, affecting the system memory and causing low virtual memory errors. So, using a disk cleanup tool will delete unnecessary files and clean up the system memory.
Follow the steps below:
- Write Disk Cleanup Tool in the search box, then launch Disk Cleanup Tool.
- Select the disk you need to clean up, and the tool will delete unnecessary files and show you the free space.
- Select the Clean up system files option in the Disk Cleanup dialog box.
- Select the driver you need to clean and select the OK button if necessary.
- Now, on the Disk Cleanup tab, in the dialog box, Choose the check box for the type of file you want to update and click OK. Select the Previous Windows installation check box to remove data from previous Windows installation.
- Then, choose Delete Files from the dialog that appears.
- Press Windows + E to launch File Explorer, then choose Refresh after selecting the cleaned disk.
However, you can also go for the CCleaner tool. It is an advanced tool that scans your system and deletes unwanted files and folders.
Solution 4: Scan Your System for Virus/Malware Infection
Sometimes, malicious threats or virus programs are silently installed on your system and running in the background. It infects your system and eats up the rest of the Memory. It is recommended here to scan your system with good antivirus programs to scan your system for malware infection or viruses. If you don’t have a third-party antivirus installed, use the inbuilt Windows Defender tool or run a third-party advanced virus removal tool – SpyHunter.
Watch-Out Other Articles
- 6 Fixes: The Remote Device or Resource Won’t Accept the Connection
- VirtualBox Result code: E_FAIL (0x80004005)? Here’s How We Fixed it
- What to do When “Your IP Has Been Temporarily Blocked”?
- XBOX ACC Driver is Unavailable on Windows 10/8/7
- Getting 100 CPU System Interrupts? Here’s 7 Easy Solutions
It is all about how to fix low virtual memory Windows 11/10 errors. Follow each step by step to increase virtual Memory in Windows 10/11. Make sure to follow these solutions carefully. The fixes mentioned above work for Windows 10 systems and can be followed by other Windows version users. We’re on Facebook, Telegram and Twitter, too! If you want to stay connected with us, be sure to follow us. We’d love to stay in touch!