Are you struggling with Windows 10 update, activation, or Fix Error Code 0x80072f8f Windows 11/10 in the Microsoft Store? If you want to Fix Error Code 0x80072f8f Windows 11/10, this article is for you. Here are the Windows 10 errors and how to fix them easily with complete instructions. In Windows, installation problems and other error codes did not affect a major update. One thing observed in the latest Windows 10 or other Windows operating systems is that the same error can be used in many scenarios. Fix Error Code 0x80072f8f Windows 11/10 is one of them. It is related to various services and features.
Additionally, the error appears when Windows Update cannot validate the SSL it needs to use. Users face a bit of annoying error due to wrong or inconsistent blocking configuration, which results in blocking. Check out the following Fix Error Code 0x80072f8f – Windows 11/10 in this article.
Three services cause error 0x80072F8 in Windows 10:
- Windows Update.
- Windows Activation.
- Microsoft Store.
Many users are found reporting about Windows activation error. However, others are rare but appear in some cases. So, check the following fixes in this article to fix the error per your case.
How to Fix Error Code 0x80072f8f Windows 11/10:
#1: The Windows Update
If you face Error 0x80072F8F while updating or installing Windows 10, check here for fixes. But first, try easy methods like running Windows Update Troubleshooter, updating device drivers, SFC scan, and checking whether the error Windows 10 is resolved. If not, follow the solution given below.
Solution 1: Fix Date and Time
If your date and time are not set correctly, installing Windows Update causes problems. So make sure the date and time are set correctly.
Follow the instructions below:
- Press the Window + I keys together to open the Settings app.
- Proceed to Time & Language > Date & Time.
- Then, flip the switches to AUTO to Set the time zone and Set the time automatically.
- Tap on Region & Language on the left side column.
- Make sure to set the country or region to your country.
- Finally, close the Settings app and restart your system again.
Let’s see, the Windows Update error 0x80072F8F is fixed.
Solution 2: Fix Proxy Settings
Follow the steps below to fix proxy settings in Windows 10 and fix the error.
- Search for “Internet Explorer” in Cortana and choose the relevant item.
- Press the Win + T keyboard to open Internet Options. Select the Connections tab.
- And then click LAN Settings and delete all entries in the generated list called Exceptions.
- If the Use a proxy service for your LAN checkbox is disabled as the Advanced button [This setting will not apply to dialup or VPN connections] is disabled. So you can proceed.
This method will help you fix your Windows error 0x80072F8F.
Solution 3: Install Root Certificate Update
The update will likely solve all problems related to the computer’s connection with the Windows Update server. You can download it manually by going to the Microsoft Update Catalog website and searching for root certificate updates.
Now, get the appropriate version for your operating system and install it.
Solution 4: Configure Firewall
Try disabling the Windows Firewall, as it may intentionally or unintentionally block the connection to the Windows Update service. So, temporarily disable the Windows Firewall and see what has been done to resolve the Windows Update problem 0x80072F8F.
Solution 5: Re-register DLL Files for The Windows Update
If none of the above Solutions resolve the Windows Update error 0x80072F8F, try re-registering some DLL files. Error code 0x80072F8F will appear due to some DLL errors or DLL file conflict with the Windows Update Server.
Follow the steps below:
- Win+R to launch the Run utility.
- Then enter the following command:
- Enter the following file names in the filename field:
- And then repeat the process for each of the three files.
- Finally, reboot your system for the changes to take effect.
Hopefully, Windows Update will work to resolve the Fix Error Code 0x80072f8f Windows 11/10. If not, use an automatic DLL repair tool to fix corrupted DLL files automatically.
#2: Windows Activation Error 0x80072F8F
Here are the recommended fixes to fix The Activation Fix Error Code 0x80072f8f Windows 11/10.
Solution 1: Fix Date and Time
An incorrectly specified date and time may lead to you may face problems activating Windows 10. So, follow the above steps in the update session to correctly set the time and date.
Solution 2: Use Registry Editor
Follow the steps to use Registry Editor:
- In the Run dialog box, press the Win + R keys > type regedit > press Enter.
- Once the Registry Editor opens, enter the given command.
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/ Microsoft/Windows/ CurrentVersion / Setup/ OOBE
- And then, double-click MediaBootInstall> adjust the number from 1 to 0.
- Restart your computer.
- Now, launch Command Prompt and type the appropriate command.
- Slmgr /rearm
- And then, restart your computer to allow the adjustments to take effect.
Solution 3: Contact Microsoft Support
If error code 0x80072F8F is still unresolved, contact the Microsoft Support Center for assistance with activation issues.
#3: Microsoft Store Error 0x80072F8F
If you are getting error 0x80072F8F in the Microsoft Store, follow the steps below to fix it. But first, set the date and time correctly. Restart your system. Update device drivers. Try simple tweaks like checking your internet connection and scanning for virus and malware infections and see if the Microsoft Store error 0x80072F8F is fixed.
If you need help solving your problems, follow the instructions below.
Solution 1: Reset Microsoft Store
Reset the Microsoft Store and check if cache files or folders are conflicting with Microsoft services in the Store.
To empty the Windows Store’s cache, do the following actions:
- Open Command Prompt as administrator > enter WSReset.exe and press Enter.
- A command prompt window will open, then You’ll get a confirmation message, and the Windows Store will open.
- The cache for the Store was cleared. You can now browse the store for apps.
- It will take you back to Windows Store and try to install or update apps, or you can download fresh updates.
Solution 2: Run Microsoft Store Apps Troubleshooter
You can use Microsoft Store Apps Troubleshooter, released by Microsoft. Check whether the error number 0x80072F8F is accurate after downloading and running it.
Please fix error code 0x80072F8F Windows 10 after following the given solutions.
Watch-Out Other Articles
- Low Virtual Memory Windows 11/10? Fix It Quickly
- 6 Fixes: The Remote Device or Resource Won’t Accept the Connection
- VirtualBox Result code: E_FAIL (0x80004005)? Here’s How We Fixed it
- What to do When “Your IP Has Been Temporarily Blocked”?
- XBOX ACC Driver is Unavailable on Windows 10/8/7
So, all this has been said about the error 0x80072F8F. To resolve the issue 0x80072F8F on Windows 10, I have attempted to compile a list of all valid fixes. Error 0x80072F8Fundo 10 has been fixed for many users by the simple-to-follow methods provided. Moreover, you may use the PC Repair Tool to instantly resolve the issue and enhance your Windows computer’s performance. If you have any questions or suggestions, please write us in the comment section below. We’re on Facebook, Telegram and Twitter, too! If you want to stay connected with us, be sure to follow us. We’d love to stay in touch!