How To Fix Slow PC Performance Windows 10: Does your computer work more slowly when you use it? Or troubles with your computer are making you feel bad? That being said, your computer might be slow or even crash for many reasons.
To help you figure out how to fix a computer crash, we’ve compiled a list of the most common reasons computers slow down and how to fix them. Find out why your computer is running slowly and use the tips to fix a Slow PC Performance in Windows 10.
How To Fix Slow PC Performance Windows 10?
Solution 1. Clear Virus
It takes longer for the apps to open, and they answer very slowly once they do. Unexpected window that pops up.
The downloaded files could become damaged, causing you to lose data or have your hard drive crash. Your computer could also become slower or suddenly become damaged, causing it to crash.
You can get antivirus software and scan your computer to eliminate the bug. You should back up your important files before checking your system, or you could lose them.
Solution 2. Reduced RAM Available
PC slows down during the day, even after restarting one or more big programs that often freeze. The PC always shows a warning message that says “Low Memory.”
When the computer’s memory is low, everything on it slows down. Two issues that make less RAM available are
- Fragmented memory happens when programs are opened, used, and closed over and over again.
- Memory leaks happen when a program doesn’t free up its memory when it’s done using it.
Clear out your system by removing old files and browsing information you don’t need. Also, tweak Windows to get the best performance or add more RAM to speed up your PC.
- Find the Computer icon and right-click on it. Then, choose Properties.
- Choose the “Advanced” setting from the menu.
- It will open System Properties. Click on the “Advanced” tab.
- To change the settings, go to the performance
- Check the box next to Adjust for best performance, then click Apply.
- After clicking OK, turn your PC back on.
Solution 3. Windows Startup
Some programs and services are set to run immediately whenever the PC turns on. These programs must be present during the startup process, but they can’t use up resources or make the process take longer.
Turn off the starting app if your computer keeps crashing in Windows 10. And will take the stress off the system, making it work without stopping.
- To open the Task Manager, press Ctrl+Shift+Esc.
- When you reach the starting tab, click “More Details.”
- Pick the apps you want to turn off and click the “Disable” button.
Solution 4. Remove Installation Apps
When you install more programs, your PC has to do more work because it has to load more programs that do the same things. That makes the PC work harder.
This wastes storage space and puts more work on the program already running. It causes too much work to be done in the background, which slows down the whole system.
Once you’re done with them, uninstall any apps you don’t need. It won’t crash and will free up space on your machine.
- Click on the Windows icon, then on settings, then on system, then on apps & features.
- You’ll see a list of apps.
- Pick out the apps you want to eliminate, then click the “Uninstall” button next to each one.
Solution 5. Clean Registry Errors
Most of the important settings for Windows, which is the most important part of the computer, are kept in the registry database.
Clean an Error registry by running the Automatic Repair process. That will also eliminate any strange errors on your system and fix a Slow PC Performance Windows 10.
- To find updates and security, go to settings and click on it.
- Click on “Advanced Startup” and then “Restart Now.”
- On the screen that says “Choose”), click on “Troubleshoot.”
- On the “Advanced Options” screen, click “Automated Repair.” Then, choose an account to log in.
Solution 6. Clean Fragmentation of Files
When you add, delete, or store files on your computer, it doesn’t store them all at once; instead, it splits them up and saves parts in different places on the hard drive.
Over time, these piles become too heavy, it takes longer to pick up all the pieces that are spread out, and the motor parts of the drive wear out faster.
To fix this problem, you can clean up the hard drive. That will speed up the computer. To clean up your hard drive, do the following:
- Type dfrgui.exe into the Windows + R box, then click OK.
- Choose the hard drive you want to defragment when a new window pops up.
- Follow the steps on the screen after clicking the “Optimize” button.
- Start your PC up again and see if the slowdown goes away.
Now I’ll explain why your computer crashed and how to fix it. I’ll also discuss why your computer is slow and how to fix a Slow PC with Windows 10.
You can read through the answers and use the best ones to fix your computer’s slowdown or crash problem and get back to work without interruptions.
This post helped you fix your computer issues and get it to work for you. Besides that, feel free to write to us if you have any questions or ideas about PC or this article. We’re on Telegram, Facebook, and Twitter, too! If you want to stay connected with us, be sure to follow us. We’d love to stay in touch!