EA Sports has released a new update for Madden NFL 24 that fixes some gameplay issues and updates the appearance of some players.
EA Sports released a new essential update for the Madden NFL 24 game in early December. This patch corrected several bugs related to gameplay and Madden’s most popular game modes.
Madden NFL 24 covers the current 2023-2024 NFL season and was released in August 2023. It is the 35th installment in the long-running American football video game series, and like many other EA Sports titles, Madden 24 was frustrating for many players, even though many gamers had already accepted and expected it to be part of their gaming experience, and the game was full of it.
The main changes in the Madden 246 title update were to improve on-field gameplay and improve the overall stability of the game. These improvements included an unfair bonus for offensive blockers when facing three or fewer pass rushers, an issue with pass rushers being unblocked on certain plays, and an over-receipt penalty for wide receivers receiving from behind.
Several problems have also been fixed in the game’s various modes, including Franchise Mode, Superstar Mode, and Madden Ultimate Team. These problems include crashes, stuttering during online play, distribution of in-game currency and EA Play Pro points, XP distribution, and much more. These improvements, along with the fact that Amazon has lowered the price of Madden 24 to 30 dollars, are aimed at increasing the game’s player base.
As well as updating the scores of players active in the game in real-time, the portraits of several NFL players have also been updated, including former Seattle Seahawks QB Brett Rypian, LA Chargers QB Easton Stick, and Denver Broncos QB Jarrett Stidham. This is a boon for fans who value precision and allows you to play with these new players properly in Madden modes like Franchise and Ultimate Team. In December, Lypian was signed by the New York Jets, which was the team’s attempt to find a starting quarterback.
Meanwhile, EA Sports continues to release live content for the game as the season progresses. In the latest Madden 24 season update released in mid-November, the former Atlanta Falcons quarterback appears on the cover of the 2004 Madden edition, a tribute is paid to Michael Vick, and familiar events such as Harvest and Blitz PREM1ERE return.
Madden NFL 24 Title 6 Update Notes
- Fixed an issue where blockers received a large bonus to their win percentage in RPO games against defensive lineups with three or fewer pass rushers.
- DEV Note: There is anti-exploit logic that increases the blocking win percentage for the offensive line when using a heavy offensive lineup against a light “big” defensive lineup with 3 or fewer pass rushers.
- Tuning to reduce the interception penalty on interceptions that require the receiver to catch the ball from behind or use a back-shoulder catch.
- Correction of the pass-blocking targeting problem in the Dollar 3-2DB fire press game when a passer passed unblocked
- when a defender hovered over the A gap.
- Various general stability improvements.
Franchise Game Mode
- Various fixes to problems that caused players to disconnect from the server.
- Fixed various stability/collapse issues.
Absolute Madden Team
- Fixed an issue during the “Most Feared” event where a soft lock would occur after returning from the recall screen.
- Fixed an issue where EA Play Pro members were not receiving their monthly points.
- Fixed an issue where source information was missing from award reports.
- Various visual and text improvements.
- Fixed an issue where driving targets were not earning XP.
- Fixed an issue where users were unable to access Versus mode.
- Fixed some problems with crashes and lost scenarios.
- Updated player portraits for the Seahawks, Brett Rypian, the Chargers, Easton Stick, the Broncos, Jarrett Stidham, and others.
- Fixed an issue where the UI was not displayed when opening the Message Center from the main menu.
- Fixed a soft lock when closing the friend selector in PAF Online H2H.
- Various stability updates.
- Fixed a stability issue where sounds appeared after a challenge.