Using Windows 8 OS is a great experience, but sometimes, users need help connecting their USB devices to their Windows 8 system. After connecting a USB device to Windows 8, a user may get a USB Device Not Recognized pop-up message.
This error can occur when there is a conflict between other USB devices that users have connected to the PC. If you are one of the users facing a USB connection in your Windows, you might be looking for a solution to solve this problem.
In this article, you will find the solution to fix Windows’s USB Device Not Recognized problem. Follow the manual individually and connect your USB device without any problem.
How to Fix USB Device Not Recognized?
To fix this problem, try unplugging any other USB devices linked to the computer. Then, restart the system and plug the USB devices back in.
Method 1. Update USB Drivers
- First, you must use your master account to access your Windows 8 machine.
- Connect your PC to the Internet or make sure it is well connected to the Internet.
- Go to Window on the desktop.
- Move the mouse to the bottom right corner of the Window on the desktop screen.
- There will be many things on the screen. Click on Settings and then go to Control Panel.
- Click on Hardware and Sound in the Control Panel. In the Devices and Printers section on the right, click Device Manager.
- Now, expand the group for USB controllers and right-click on the one that needs to be updated.
- Click Update Driver Software on the screen that pops up to update the Driver for the selected USB device.
- Click Search for new driver software immediately to search Windows 8 online for the latest Driver.
- Now, wait until the Internet updates all the selected drivers, then click Close.
- When done, close the Device Manager window.
Method 2. Scan for the Hardware Changes
If the update doesn’t fix the problem, you can use Device Manager to scan the USB for hardware changes.
Instead of going for updates, you need to right-click on the Driver giving you trouble and click the “Scan for hardware changes” option.
Follow the debugging steps if the wizard finds something. You might find a way to fix the USB not connecting problem.
Method 3. Reset your BIOS
You can restart a computer’s BIOS, clear the CMOS switch, or remove the battery from the system. But the situation is different with computers. To restart BIOS, you have to disconnect the power cord.
With all power sources turned off, press the Power button for 3 to 5 seconds. If you do this a few times, it will instantly restart the processor. When you turn on your PC or laptop, the USB driver will be tested and will connect if it works.
Method 4. Try to Uninstall and re-install the Driver
The above method can fix this problem, but your USB drivers are old or outdated if it keeps happening. The Windows 8 driver library has drivers for all kinds of USB devices.
But the operating system doesn’t notice all of the ports. To fix this, uninstall the Driver and then load it again.
Watch-Out Other Articles
- How To Fix Outlook Error 0x80042108? Easy 5 Solution
- How To Fix UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION Error? (2023)
- Processor Thermal Trip Error In Windows 10 [Fixed]
- To Remove Shortcut Virus From Pen Drive [5 Ways]
So, that’s it. I’ve done my best to list the fixes for your USB Device Not Recognized in Windows 8. Carefully go through each method, then connect your USB to your PC or laptop. We hope you enjoyed this article and that it helped you figure out how to tell what kind of USB device you have.
But if you have any questions or thoughts, please write them in the comments below. We’re on Telegram, Facebook, and Twitter, too! If you want to stay connected with us, be sure to follow us. We’d love to stay in touch!