Read on to fix the Windows 10 “Windows Installer Service Could Not Be Accessed” issue. If you need to know what went wrong, I can help you. We all know how important the Windows installer is, but it’s strange that when you try to run the newest app, it sometimes starts giving you problems.
I talked about how to fix the “Windows installer not working” bug on Windows 10 in one of my earlier posts. I have another error: Windows 10 could not connect to the Windows Installer service.
This error only happens when people try to run a program that needs MSI files. A lot of people have also said they get the error when they try to run Microsoft Office.
The “Windows Installer Service could not be accessed” message means that the Windows installer is not set up properly. In any case, it doesn’t matter what causes the Windows setup error; try the fixes below to fix it.
How to Fix Windows Installer Service Could Not Be Accessed Error?
Fix1. Confirm the Installer Service Is Running
Follow the given instructions to do so:
- To open the run box, press Windows + R. Type msconfig into it, then click OK.
- This time, click the box next to “Windows Installer” on the “Services” tab.
- Then click OK, then Apply, and finally, Restart to turn the computer back on.
You should check to see if the error “Windows Installer Service could not be accessed” has been fixed.
Fix 2: Re-Register Microsoft Installer Service
Follow the steps to do so:
- Do the following in the Command Prompt: press Windows + R, put cmd in the run box, and press Enter. After each command line, press Enter.
- If you are using 32-bit Windows, type each of the steps below one at a time.
- For the Command Prompt to close, type “Exit.” The machine will then restart.
The Windows Installer Service is now signed up again. Check to see if the problem with the Windows setup service not being able to be reached in Windows 10 has been fixed.
Fix 3 – Reset Windows Installer Service Registry
In order to do the steps given, you need to add some numbers to the registry. But before you do anything else, you should make a copy of your register. If you don’t do it right, changing the registry can do a lot of damage to your system.
- Press the Windows Key + R, type regedit, and then press OK.
- When the Registry Editor starts up, go to File> Export.
- Now, type in the field’s name and pick “All” as the export range. Finally, hit “Save.”
- In case something goes wrong, you can run the File to fix your registry.
- While the backup is being made > Get rid of Registry Editor.
Now, you have to add a.reg file to the register and make it work. To do that, follow these steps:
- Start up Notepad.
- Paste the text below into Notepad:
After that, go to File> Save as. Not put the name of the file repair.reg, then choose “All Files” as the same type and click “Save.”
- Find the repair.reg file, click the “Run as administrator” button and then right-click on it.
- When asked, click “Yes.”
- Now that you’ve added repair. Reg to the register, try installing the app again.
The Windows setup service could not be reached right now. The problem with Windows 10 has been fixed. If it still isn’t, try the next option.
Fix 4: Uninstall the Earlier Version of the Software that You Want to Install
If the Windows Installer still doesn’t work, remove the old version of the software you want to install before putting in the new one.
- To get rid of a program, go to Start > Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a Program.
- Pick out the program you want to set up.
- To get rid of the program, click Uninstall > and then follow the on-screen hints.
- Then turn the computer back on.
- And begin setting up the tool you want to set up.
If you uninstall a program by hand, it will leave behind some traces and junk files that may cause problems when you try to load the program again.
So, the third-party uninstaller is the best way to get rid of the program for good.
Fix 5: Change Remote Procedure Call Service
Making changes to the settings of the Remote Call Procedure service helped some users fix the “Windows Installer Service could not be accessed” problem.
- Press the Windows Key + R, then type services. msc and press Enter.
- To open the Remote Procedure Call (RPC) service, find it and double-click on it.
- Then, go to the Log On tab and check the boxes next to “Local System account” and “Allow service to interact with desktop.”
- To save the changes, restart your Windows 10 computer.
See if the error is gone. If it isn’t, open the RPC settings window again and go to the Log on the tab.
Press “OK” after checking “This account” and then clicking “Browse.” Type “Network Service” into the search box. You can see that the password will be filled in for you, so don’t change it.
- But if you can’t find Network service >, use this address instead:
- And turn your computer back on.
Fix 6: Delete Duplicate msiexec File
The “Windows Installer Service could not be accessed” error on Windows 10 happens if you have a second msiexec file on your computer.
It’s a good idea to check your msiexec file because PCs sometimes make copies of files, which can cause a lot of problems.
- First, go to the path C:\Windows\System32.
- Look for a file called msiexec.exe and see if there is another one. The second File won’t end in.exe and will be 0KB in size.
- Now, change the name of the second msiexec file to msiexec. Old.
Once you’re done changing the name, you need to go back to the Services window and restart the Windows service.
The problem where Windows 10 users couldn’t get to the Windows Installer Service has been fixed.
Watch-Out Other Articles
- 5 Solutions To Fix SVCHOST.Exe Error 0x745f2780 In Windows 10
- How To Fix Error Code 0x0 0x0 On Windows PC
- 4 Easy Ways To Fix “Please Wait For The GPSVC” Error
- How To Fix Ntdll.Dll Error Code In Windows 10? 8 Solutions
At this point, you should know that the Windows Installer Service could not be reached on Windows 10. I did my best to make a list of all the solutions that would work to fix the Windows setup problem.
You may also fix the “Windows Installer Service could not be accessed” error in Safe Mode or while installing an app here. Now, you can fix your problem by following the steps given.
Still, I always say and suggest that you keep your PC clean and up to date. If you follow this simple rule, the problem will be fixed, and you won’t get it again. We’re on Telegram, Facebook, and Twitter, too! If you want to stay connected with us, be sure to follow us. We’d love to stay in touch!