If you’re trying to make a new Minecraft profile and get the message “Failed to create profile Minecraft error,” you’ve come to the right place.
Most of the time, this mistake happens with the Minecraft Java version, and a problem with the server, a firewall, a VPN link, etc., usually causes it.
Keep reading this guide to find out how to fix your device’s “Failed to Create Profile Minecraft” error when you try to play Minecraft.
Why does Failed to Create Profile Minecraft?
If your device’s internet link isn’t stable, Failed to Create Profile Minecraft. Many users have said that a VPN or proxy-enabled device could also cause the mistake.
A Minecraft Java failed-to-build profile problem can also happen if your Minecraft and Java are outdated, your browser needs to be updated, your browser cache needs to be fixed, or your browser plugins need to be more suitable.
How do I fix the Failed to Create Profile Minecraft?
Fix 1: Restart Minecraft and the device.
The first way to make a new character in Minecraft without getting any problems is to restart your Minecraft browser. If restarting the app doesn’t work, you can turn your device off and on again. Follow the steps below.
- Go to the Profile button in the top right of the screen when you’re in Minecraft and click on it.
- Then, click the choice that says “LOGOUT.”
- Now, go to your desktop and right-click anywhere in the Taskbar that isn’t occupied.
- Next, in the Task Manager box, click on the Processes column.
- Scroll down and look for all of the Minecraft jobs that are running in the background.
- Next, click the button in the upper right corner of the Task Manager window that says “End Task.”
- Sign back into your account on Minecraft. If you need to, restart your computer.
Fix 2: Check the Minecraft Server Status
This problem could also happen if repair tasks are going on or if the Minecraft server is too busy. There are no official Minecraft places where you can find out what’s happening with the servers. Still, you can check out how it works on Twitter’s main help account. On the site, you can see everything related to Minecraft care.
- Go to Twitter and find the page called “Mojang Status.”
- Check if the users have told you about any problems or actions.
- If there are problems with the computer, you have to wait until they are fixed.
Fix 3: Turn off the VPN Connection
A VPN link or a proxy network can also cause the Minecraft Java failed-to-build profile problem. A virtual private network (VPN) or proxy network will hide your Internet address and make the Minecraft server think you are trying to play the game from a location that isn’t allowed. Follow these steps to turn off the VPN or Proxy on your computer.
- Go to the page that says “Search,” type “VPN settings,” then open the service.
- Under “Advanced Options” in the Settings window, turn off the VPN choices.
- Next, press the Windows button and type Proxy.
- Click on Change proxy settings from the list of options that come up.
- Next, turn off the following settings: Automatically/detect settings/Use setup script/Use a proxy server.
Fix 4: Disable Antivirus Program
Antivirus/firewall security suites can sometimes stop even safe games and apps like Minecraft from running. To fix the Minecraft “Failed to create profile” problem, follow the steps below to turn off your device’s safety suite.
- Click on your device’s Windows + S keys. Type “control panel” and then click “Open.“
- Then, click on the choice that says System and Security.
- Next, choose Windows Defender Firewall by clicking on it.
- Go to the left side of the screen and click Turn Windows Firewall on or off.
- Then, check the boxes next to Turn off Windows Firewall (not advised) under both Private and Public network settings, as shown.
- Then, click the OK button to save the changes and start playing Minecraft.
After turning off the firewall suite, turn off the third-party protection tool simultaneously. Right-click on the antivirus icon in the menu to do this. Then, go to the choice that says “Antivirus Settings.” Next, choose any one of the choices to turn off the protection. Now start Minecraft and see if you can make the character.
Fix 5: Edit the Hosts File
If the Minecraft lines in the Hosts file are not set up correctly, the Minecraft error “Failed to create profile” may appear. So, follow the steps below to fix the problem by removing these lines from the Hosts file.
- Close all the apps running in the background, including Minecraft.
- Next, simultaneously press the Windows key and the E key to open Windows Explorer.
- Then, go to the View tab, and in the Show/Hide part, choose the Hidden Things choice.
- Next, right-click on the host’s file in the path folder and choose Open from the menu.
- Then, click OK from the drop-down menu on the Notepad choice.
- Notepad will then be used to open the host file.
- To open the Find window, press Ctrl+F.
- Then, type “Minecraft” into the “Find What” tab and click “Find Next.”
- If your search turns up nothing, it means your system has no broken Minecraft records. Otherwise, right-click on any Minecraft records you find and delete them.
- Click Ctrl + S to save the file.
- Close the Notepad and make sure you can make a new Minecraft character.
Fix 6: Update Minecraft and Java
If your Minecraft app and Java are outdated, your device might cause Minecraft problems. Try changing them to make a new profile with no problems or mistakes.
- Open the Minecraft app and click the Options button near your name.
- Then, click the Force Update button. Wait until an update is made to the game.
- Then, press the Windows key and type Java.
- Then, click on Configure Java to open it.
- Change the tab in the Java control panel window to the one that says “Update.”
- Make sure that the Automatically Check for Updates tab is chosen as shown.
- Press the Update Now button after that.
- In the Java SE Runtime Environment box, type in your login information to make the necessary changes.
Fix 7: Contact the Minecraft Support Team
Here, it says that if you need professional help, you should call the Minecraft Support Team. Fill out the form with your information, and then click “Submit” at the bottom of the screen. Wait until a member of the expert team calls you to help solve your problem.
See Also Other Articles:
- Civilization 6 Graphics And Performance Issues
- How To Fix Conan Exiles Black Screen On Startup
- Fixing The Elden Ring Connection Error When Summoned
So, that’s all there is to know about the Minecraft problem “Failed to Create Profile Minecraft.” In this guide, I’ve talked about how you could fix the problem on your device.
Try each method carefully and see if you can make a Minecraft character without problems.