A lot of players need help with GTA 5 Not Launching, which keeps them from playing the game. When users press the “Play” button on Steam or other apps such as Epic Games or Rockstar, the game begins. GTA 5 often starts later. The players have also said that GTA 5 was Not Launching after mods were added to their PCs. The start problems can happen on a number of gadgets and systems. GTA 5 isn’t coming out on Windows 11, Windows 10, or the apps Steam, Epic Games, and Rockstar. It also needs to come out on Xbox One.
Why is GTA 5 Not Launching?
In most cases, GTA 5 won’t start because the graphics drivers are out of date. However, there are only a few answers to this question, so you should look at a number of different ways to fix the problem. To be exact, GTA 5 wouldn’t start because:
- The graphics driver needs to be updated.
- The game file has been corrupted.
- Even conflicting operating systems may be used.
- Antivirus defense.
We understand how important your time is, and that’s why we wrote this article: to save you 10 minutes by giving you the information you need. By reading our post, you’ll save time, learn useful things, and find the right way to get GTA 5 to start up again.
How Can I Solve GTA 5 Not Launching on PC?
You can update the GPU drivers, check the game files, run the game as master, turn off your security software for a few minutes, or, in the worst case, reinstall GTA V on your PC to get it to work again.
These are the best ways to solve the problem:
- Update GPU drivers
- Verify the game files
- Turn off antivirus protection
- Disable your NVIDIA Drivers
- Reinstall Grand Theft Auto 5
1. GPU drivers should be updated
Updating your GPU drivers is one of the most effective methods to resolve GTA 5 Not Launching since they have a direct impact on how effectively the game plays.
- Pick up the Windows desktop and click on the Device Manager button.
- Click on your computer driver and choose “Right-click.”
- Go ahead and click on Update driver.
- Click on Search automatically for drivers.
- To finish the process, restart your PC.
2. Verify the game files
By verifying the game files, you make sure they are not destroyed or altered. Your system will then quickly try to fix any problems that might have arisen with them.
- Go to Library in the Steam app.
- Then, in the Library, right-click on the game and choose “Properties.”
- Go to the tab that says “Local Files.”
- Last, click on Check the security of game files.
- If there are damaged files, you should fix them.
3. Turn off antivirus protection
Your security software might be stopping important parts of GTA 5. Turning off your antivirus for a short time might let the game start up correctly.
- To access it, type “Windows Security” into the Windows Search bar.
- Go to the page that says “Virus & threat protection.“
- Turn off Real-time safety by clicking on Manage settings.
- If you have to agree to it, click “Yes” when asked.
4. Disable your NVIDIA Drivers
Sometimes, your NVIDIA drivers need to work with your other Windows drivers, which can lead to compatibility problems. You can either turn off the NVIDIA drivers and then reload them to fix the problem. How to do it:
- To find it, go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Device Manager. or press Windows Key + R and enter devmgmt. msc.
- After opening Device Manager, look for “Display adapters.”
- To turn off the NVIDIA driver, right-click on it and select “Hide Device.”
5. Reinstall Grand Theft Auto 5
That’s why this is the last option on the list: it might take a while. That being said, it may be the only way to get rid of broken game files and play the game.
- Click on Programmes in the Control Panel.
- Find GTA 5 and press “uninstall” in the menu that comes up.
- You can also use a third-party cleaning program to make sure you removed the game correctly.
BONUS Solutions that might work
If none of the above options worked for you, try any of the ones below:
- Check the files for your game.
- It is to make sure that your PC has the most recent versions of C++ and DirectX.
- Check to see if the program is being put in the Programme FilesRockstar GamesSocial Club folder.
- If the page won’t load, auto-sign-in may not have worked. Press the Home key and try to log in again.
🔃 Social Club failed to initialize or load.
Follow these tips from Rockstar to fix the problem: A bad installation of Social Club is the most common reason for these mistakes. If you are having problems with starting, you should remove Social Club and then restore it by hand.
First, make sure that GTAV is still running. If any of these tasks are already running, open the Task Manager and right-click on them to stop them.
Also, make sure that you are the computer’s owner. Right-click the Social Club Installation program and choose “Run as Administrator.”
How do we fix GTA 5 Not Launching when clicking on the launcher?
GTA 5 won’t start on the Rockstar launcher. To fix this, try running the game in user mode or making sure the Rockstar launcher servers are online.
Watch-Out Other Articles
- How To Fix Gears Of War 4 Update Error [Quickly Fixes]
- Genshin Impact Failed To Check For Updates Error [Easy Fix]
How can I solve GTA 5 Not Launching on Xbox One?
If your Xbox One is having trouble starting games, you can fix the problem by turning it off and on again. To do so, press and hold the Xbox button on the controller for 10 seconds. Then, press and hold the Xbox button on the device for a short time to turn it back on. We hope that our solutions helped you fix the problems with GTA 5 not starting so you can enjoy this popular game.