The 2016 game Gears of War 4 is a great example of a third-person shooter that most people still love to play on their computers. Fortunately, the Gears Of War 4 game sometimes has issues when it first starts while it’s playing, and other times like that. A usual issue is that the game has a bug after the update. We’re here to help you quickly and easily Fix the Gears Of War 4 Update Error issue so you can stick with the game.
What’s wrong with my Gears of War 4 update?
It is most likely why you get the Gear of Wars 4 update error:
- The server for Gears of War is down.
- The internet connection isn’t stable.
- Too many apps are running in the background.
- More room on the disk.
- Need help with antivirus.
- Windows still needs to bestill needs to be updated.
How do I Fix the Gears Of War 4 Update Error?
Here are some simple things you can do right now to try to fix the Gears of War 4 update error issue quickly:
- Check the state of the game site.
- Get the latest version of Windows.
- Start up your computer again.
Follow these steps if the problem still exists after you’ve done the first few steps:
- Check your link to the internet.
- Take care of the Microsoft Store
- Start up Microsoft Update again.
- Make some room on your disk.
- Turn off the firewall and security software for now.
- Install the game again
1. Examine your internet connection
When you download or update games, your internet link speed and security are very important. When you update Gears of War 4, you might get problems if your network is slow and disconnects often. In order to protect your network, it’s important to follow these suggestions:
- Make sure you know how fast your internet connection is (download, upload, delay, or ping).
- If something on your network is using too much data, turn it off.
- For faster and more reliable service, use a direct link.
- Take your modem and router off the wall for a minute, and then plug them back in.
2. Restore Microsoft Store
If the update for Gears of War 4 doesn’t work, try restarting the Microsoft Store.
- Click and hold on the Windows Start button.
- From the Start Quick Menu, pick Apps and Features.
- Type “Windows Store” into the search box and click “Advanced.”
- First, click “Repair” and wait for the process to finish. Clear out your PC.
- If Repair doesn’t work, click the “Reset” button to start over with the Microsoft Store app.
3. Resume Microsoft Update
You may be having trouble with the Gears of War 4 update because the Windows update may have stopped for some reason. To be sure, do the following to restart this service:
- Hit the Win+R keys together to open the Run window.
- In the text box, type services. msc and press Enter.
- You can find Windows Update at the very end of the list.
- Double-click it and select “Start.”
- Turn your computer back on and see if the Gears of War 4 update error is still there.
4. Make some disk space available
- If you need more free room on your disk, the update might not work. The error code could mean that there isn’t enough room on the hard drive, but the download could fail even if there isn’t an error code.
- Check how much room is left on your hard drive and get rid of programs you last used a long time ago. Always keep at least 100GB of free room on your computer if you play newer, “heavy” games.
5. Turn off the firewall and security software
Turn off your security and firewall for a short time while you run the update. After you update Gears of War 4, remember to turn on security again.
- Use the Win + R keys on your computer to open the Run window.
- Press “Enter” after typing “firewall.cpl.” Click on Windows Defender Firewall to turn it on or off.
- Go to Turn Off Windows Defender Firewall and click on it. To make sure the changes are made, press the OK button.
- From the quick menu that comes up, click on Windows Start and then choose Settings. Press on Update and Security.
- Choose a Virus & Treat and then click “Manage settings.”
- Turn off safety in real time.
6. Reinstall the game
- If none of the other steps worked, the last thing you can do is restart Gears of War 4.
- Press and hold Windows Start for a second, then click on Apps and Features.
- Find Gears of War 4 and click “Get Rid of.”
- Once you’re done uninstalling Gears of War 4, go to the Microsoft Store and look for it there.
- Click on the “Install” button.
- Start the game and check to see if the problem is fixed.
Watch-Out Other Articles
- Genshin Impact Failed To Check For Updates Error [Easy Fix]
- Civilization 6 Graphics And Performance Issues [Quick Fixes]
There is a problem with the update for Gears of War 4. We really hope that our guide will help you. If you know of an option that isn’t on this list, please let us know in the comments next to this post. We’re on Telegram, Facebook, and Twitter, too! If you want to stay connected with us, be sure to follow us. We’d love to stay in touch!