Roblox is a popular video game, but its link often needs help. If you try to open Roblox and get an “Error Code 403” message, you are not allowed to use the computer for the website. With this guide, you’ll learn how to fix this problem.
Error Code: 403
An error was encountered during authentication. Please try again.
What causes Roblox Error 403?
Roblox problem Code 403 is a login problem that only happens on Windows devices when you click Play after the opening screen.
- Roblox doesn’t work with the usual DNS server you have set up. You might get this error if the DNS server your ISP gives you by default is not secure. If your usual DNS server is slow, your link speed will also be slow. That could cause the problem.
- You’ve been banned because of your computer. If you have been hardware banned, log out of your main Roblox account. After that, make a new account and sign in.
- Problems caused by a VPN service. Depending on where your VPN provider is, it can slow down your link enough to cause Error Code 403. Try disconnecting from your VPN provider or closing the app to see if that fixes the problem.
- The services for Roblox are down. Roblox’s computers might be being worked on or have downtime. If Roblox’s computers are down and you get this warning, you must wait until they return online. Go to the Roblox Server Status page to discover what’s happening with the servers.
Before attempting any of our remedies, do these:
- Log out & log in. Each time you connect to Roblox, the website injects cookies into your browser. If you run Roblox from your web browser, your login cookies may be corrupted, preventing you from playing. You may repair this issue by logging out and back into Roblox. This approach works if your Roblox account is hardware-banned, but you must establish a new one.
- Try another browser. Try a different browser while launching Roblox.
- Disable VPN. Roblox Error 403 is caused by your VPN application slowing down your connection. The VPN server disconnects, or the software shuts down.
- Disable antivirus. Roblox may be affected by certain antivirus applications. Launch Roblox and briefly deactivate your antivirus.
How to Fix Roblox Error Code 403 on Windows 10?
Fix 1. Clear the Roblox Cache Folder
A damaged Roblox cache sometimes causes Roblox Error Code 403. Cleaning the cache folder fixes the problem.
- Run by pressing Windows+R.
- Enter %LocalAppData% in Run and click OK.
- Locate the Roblox folder and click Delete.
- Paste %Temp% into File Explorer’s location box and click Enter.
- Locate the Roblox folder and click Delete all.
- Launch a game on Roblox in your browser.
Fix 2. Change Your DNS Server Address
If your usual DNS server from your ISP isn’t steady, Roblox may give you Error Code 403. If your DNS service is slow, your link speed will be slow, which could cause the problem. You can change your usual DNS server to a third-party DNS server by following the steps below.
- To open Run, hold down the Windows+R key.
- In the Run box, type ncpa. Cpl and then click OK.
- Click Properties after right-clicking your network device.
- Then click Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) after clicking Properties.
- Check the box where it says Use these names for DNS servers.
- Type 220.127.116.11 into the Preferred DNS server box.
- Type 18.104.22.168 into the Alternate DNS server box.
- Click OK to keep your changes and restart your computer.
Fix 3. Allow Roblox Through Windows Defender Firewall
Windows Defender Firewall can sometimes stop Roblox from talking to its computers. Adding Roblox to the list of programs your firewall lets through may fix Roblox Error 403.
- To open Run, hold down the Windows+R keys.
- In the Run box, type firewall. Cpl and then click OK.
- To let an app function through Windows Defender Firewall, click Allow.
- Click the Settings button.
- Move down until you find Roblox.
- Mark the boxes next to Roblox that say Private and Public.
- In the search bar, type %localappdata% and press Enter.
- Go to Roblox Versions and open the folder for the most current version.
- Click Open after choosing RobloxPlayerBeta.
- To add the Roblox Game Client, click “Add.”
- Click “Allow another app” and then “Browse.”
- To add Roblox, choose RobloxPlayerLauncher, click Open, and then Add.
- Mark the boxes next to Roblox and Roblox Game Client that say “Public” & “Private,” or then click OK.
Did this guide help you fix your Windows device’s Roblox Error Code 403? Tell us in the comments section below.
If none of our suggestions helped you fix this problem, you should ask for help from the Roblox support team. You can also load Roblox from the Microsoft Store.
Q1. Is error code 403 an IP ban Roblox?
This mistake means you can’t get to the page without permission.
Q2. What is the 403 code?
The message “You are not allowed to access this resource” shows up when the web server accepts the user’s request but can’t give the user more access.
Q3. How do I fix error 403 Roblox on Windows 10?
In this case, Roblox’s 403 error code is mostly caused by a VPN link that is still running. If you are using one now, turn it off and see if that fixes the problem. To turn off a VPN you set up through Windows, open the Settings menu and choose Network & Internet from the left panel.
Watch-Out Other Articles
- 5 Solutions To Fix SVCHOST.Exe Error 0x745f2780 In Windows 10
- 5 Ways To Fix MoUSO Core Worker Process High Disk Usage
- Windows Installer Service Could Not Be Accessed?[100%Fix]
- How To Fix Error Code 0x0 0x0 On Windows PC
Error code 403 is not a big deal, and no need to worry. It is very easy to fix. Hope you have fixed the error code 403, are not having any problems and enjoying your system.