Roku’s screen mirroring feature lets you mirror your computer to your Roku TV screen so you can enjoy the Windows screen on your big TV screen. It’s terrible.
However, you may not want to use the screen mirroring because of the “Roku Screen Mirroring Not Working” problem. For example, you may get a “Cannot connect message” error or get stuck on the “Connect” screen.
What can you do when Windows 10 or 11 Roku screen mirroring is not working? Here are some effective methods for you.
Why is Screen Mirroring Not Working on Windows 10?
This Windows 10 Roku screen mirroring not working issue has been discussed in various forums and solutions to fix it.
There are several possible reasons for triggering the screen mirroring issue. Take a look at them:
- Outdated Miracast Driver: This error often occurs when the computer tries to use screen mirroring technology incompatible with your driver version.
- Roku device stuck in a limbo state: Another possible reason for Windows 10 Roku screen mirroring not working is that the Roku device gets stuck in a limbo state and appears to be OS pending.
How to Fix Roku Screen Mirroring Not Working on Windows 10
Some solutions will help you solve Windows 10 screen mirroring not working, and you can further connect Roku for mirroring.
Fix 1: Perform a Restart
Most minor problems can be fixed with a restart. If your Windows 10 or Windows 11 Roku screen mirroring isn’t working, you can try to fix it by turning off your computer and TV and turning them back on. It’s also a good idea to restart your router to ensure your network, which both devices use, works well.
Fix 2: New Update Windows Version
Updating Windows to its current version can help you resolve the Windows 10 Roku screen mirroring not working issue.
- Press the Windows + R keys to open the Run box.
- Type ‘ms-settings:windowsupdate‘ and click OK.
- That will launch the Windows Update option located in Settings.
- Under Windows Update, click Check for Updates.
- If any of the updates are available, they will be displayed on the screen.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- After the update process is complete, restart your system.
Now check whether Roku screen mirroring is not working on Windows 10 problem is solved.
Fix 3: Privateer your network.
Windows Defender Firewall will stop your computer from talking to Roku if your network is set to “public.” “Windows 11 or Windows 10 Roku screen mirroring is not working” shows up. Make sure your network is set to private.
- Press Windows + I to open Windows Settings. Then select Network and Internet.
- In the Status section, click Properties at the bottom right of the network you’re using.
- On the next page, go to the Network Profile area and click on Private.
After that, restart your computer and try connecting the Roku for screen mirroring to see if the problem is resolved.
Fix 4: Remove Roku from pairing
Try removing the Roku from the list of paired devices and then adding it again. That can help connect Roku to mirroring in Windows 10 and 11.
- Press the Windows + R keys to open the Run box Type “ms-settings:connecteddevices” and click OK.
- All paired devices will appear on the desktop.
- Go to Bluetooth and other devices option and click on other devices.
- Find the Roku device and click on it
- Click on the Remove Device option
- After deleting the Roku device, a pop-up menu will open
- Now, click on Add Bluetooth or other devices at the top
- Select Wireless Display or Dock
- Wait for the Roku Device to appear on the screen
- Follow the on-screen instructions and restart your computer.
Check whether the Windows 10 Roku screen mirroring problem has been repaired after completing the abovementioned procedures.
Fix 5: Temporarily Deactivate Antivirus
Sometimes, the antivirus software on your Windows 10/11 can interfere with the operation and cause the “Roku screen mirroring issue. So, to avoid the problem, you can try turning off the antivirus temporarily.
- Right-click the Start button and choose Device Manager from the menu.
- Open up what’s inside the network connection. Then, right-click on your wireless network adapter and choose Update Driver.
- Select Automatically look for driver software updates. After the check, you can update your driver by following the steps on the screen.
- Restarting your computer after updating the driver will allow you to determine if the issue has been resolved.
How do I get my Roku to show up on screen mirroring?
- It’s easy to find Smart View on an Android device. Just go to settings and tap it.
- To start the link, go to the Smart View page and choose your Roku device. Tip: You can change where and what your Roku device is called to change how it shows up in the list.
Why isn’t my screen mirroring working?
One main reason why screen mirroring doesn’t work is that your two devices need to be linked to the same Wi-Fi network.
How do I connect my phone to my Roku?
- Then, press “Home” on your Roku.
- Scroll down and click on Settings.
- Choose Devices and remotes.
- Choose to pair your Bluetooth device.
- Go to your phone, tablet, or computer when you see the Bluetooth pairing screen, and follow the next few steps to finish the process.
Why won’t my Iphone screen mirror my Roku TV?
If you want to use AirPlay, make sure all of your devices are turned on and close to each other.
Why won’t my phone be cast to my smart TV?
If you’re having trouble casting videos to your Android TV using Chromecast (formerly Google Cast), make sure you have the most up-to-date version of the Google Cast Receiver.
Why can’t I cast to my Roku TV?
You can only cast to your Roku with an app that supports it, and you need to have that app on both your Roku and your phone or tablet.
Where are the display settings on Roku?
Could you put it on your Roku remote? Pick Settings by scrolling up or down. Choose the type of display.
How to connect Roku to an Android phone?
Yes, third-party step. Read more…
Watch-Out Other Articles
- Something Happened, And Your PIN Isn’t Available? 7 Solutions
- Why is Steam Not Open? Here Are 11 Easy Ways To Fixed
- 10 Ways To Fix The Error Code 0xC000000F On Windows 10 /11
These were the solutions to fix the Windows 10 Roku screen mirroring not working error. I have also explained how to mirror Windows 10 in Roku if a user needs to become more familiar.
Follow the solution carefully to connect Roku and enjoy screen mirroring.