Error 1797 with the Printer in HP System and Windows 10 can be annoying because it stops the Printer from working correctly and keeps you from doing other things.
This mistake could be caused by a number of things, such as a printer driver that doesn’t work with the operating system, Windows system files that aren’t set up correctly, an old printer driver, and so on.
You may be looking for ways to get rid of printer error 1797 if you are also coming across it.
Then, keep reading this piece and use the fixes given. They will make fixing the printer error easy.
How to Fix Printer Error 1797 on Windows?
Today, we learned why printer error 1797 shows up. Now it’s time to fix it so the Printer works properly without any problems.
Follow these steps to fix Windows 10 error 1797. Please get rid of the problem by reading them all.
Solution 1: Printer Troubleshooter
Windows 10 has a built-in tool called Troubleshooter that can help you fix a number of problems. So, to fix the printer system problem 1797, you should run the Troubleshooter.
- Press the Windows button.
- Go to the settings.
- Find and click on Update & Security.
- Just click on Troubleshoot.
- Scroll down in troubleshooting until you reach the “Get up and Running” part.
- For the Printer, click on it.
- Press on Troubleshoot should be run.
- The Troubleshooter will begin to look through your gadget for problems.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions and make the fixes that are recommended.
If you are having trouble with the Printer in Windows, this Troubleshooter will definitely help you fix it.
Solution 2: Adding Printer Driver
You can fix printer system error 1797 by adding a printer driver. Then, you can install the Printer without seeing this error on the screen.
- Click on the Windows button.
- Go to the settings.
- Now click on Devices.
- Go to the area called “Printer and Scanner.”
- Just click on “Add Printer or Scanner” and pick out the Printer you want to use.
- Should you not be able to find the Printer, click on The Printer I want needs to be mentioned.
- From the list of other ways to find a printer, now pick. You can add a network or local Printer and set it up by hand.
- Press “Next.”
- Press on Pick a port that’s already there, click on File, and then click on Next.
- Pick out the Windows update.
- Click on Cheap.
- There will be a list of PS printers. Pick the one that works with yours.
Try to run the Printer again after adding the driver to see if the error 1797 goes away.
Solution 3: Run an SFC scan and Remove Corrupt System Files
You might see the Printer system error 1797 on Windows if some system files are missing or damaged. To fix this problem, run an SFC (system file check) to find the missing File and replace it.
- Press the Windows button.
- When you see “cmd,” right-click on it and choose “run as administrator.”
- Type sfc/scannow and press the enter key in the command line window.
The scanning process will begin; please be patient, as it may take some time to finish.
After the scan is done, turn your PC back on and try to install the Printer again in Windows 10 without getting the error 1797.
Solution 4: Update the Printer Latest Driver
Error 1797 in the system The printer driver is an unknown problem that can happen on Windows, too, if the driver is out of date. From now on, you should update your printer driver to fix this problem.
- Type Device Manager into the Windows search box and click on it.
- To make the list bigger, click on Print queues under Device Manager.
- To update a printer, find it, right-click on it, and then choose “Update driver.”
- Choose the choice that says, “Automatically look for updated driver software.”
- Windows will look for changes that need to be installed and then do so.
Once the drivers are set up, check to see if the printer system error 1797 is gone.
For those who don’t want to update their printer driver by hand, you can go to the Microsoft page or use Driver Updater. That will not only update your driver, but it will also fix any problems that the driver causes.
Solution 5: Restart the Services with Printer Driver
Windows 10 services can be improved by restarting them. That will also fix any problems or errors you are having with them.
Here are some services that can help you fix the problem where the printer driver is unknown error 1797.
- Type Windows + R.
- You need to type services. msc and click OK.
- Right-click on the RPC service and choose “Stop.” Then click “Start” to start the service.
- Do the step above again for the other services on the list.
- Look for HTTP now.
- Open the command line as an administrator.
- Type “net start http” and press “Enter” in the address bar.
Read Some Articles to get more information:
- Failed To Create a Profile Minecraft?
- Twitch Black Screen?
- The Requested Operation Requires the Elevation of Windows 10
With any luck, the above-solving tips will help you fix the printer system issue 1797.
Put each one to the test and see which one fixes the printer error 1797. We’re on Telegram, Facebook, and Twitter, too! If you want to stay connected with us, be sure to follow us. We’d love to stay in touch!