Low GPU Usage FiveM When FiveM players look into low FPS, they usually notice. Grand Theft Auto is one of the most well-known games ever, but people who play the FiveM version of the game can’t stand that their PCs can’t handle it fully.
Even though the game’s original release date was 2013, some bugs still need to be fully fixed. Some of them make it hard to start GTA 5, so we made a guide with things you can do if that happens.
Why does Low GPU Usage FiveM?
Low GPU Usage FiveM can be caused by a slowdown between the GPU and the CPU or RAM, graphics settings that aren’t set up right, graphics drivers that are too old, too many FiveM cache files, or background apps that use a lot of resources. You can get rid of this annoying problem by following our guide. Then, you can use FiveM to its fullest on your PC.
How to Fix the Low GPU Usage FiveM?
Before moving on to more complex technical methods, make sure that:
- Your PC meets the hardware requirements for FiveM.
- The most recent version of GTA V is the one you have.
- Turn on your PC’s best power mode for speed.
- If you last did it a while ago, restart your PC.
1. Update your graphics driver
If you don’t have the latest graphics driver, your graphics card won’t work as well as it should. The GPU will not be used much, and games will not run well, so changing the graphics driver is the first thing that should be done to fix the problem.
- In the box next to Windows, type “Device Manager.” Then, open it from the list that comes up.
- Double-click on the part that says “Display adapters.” The area will grow and show a list of your graphics card(s).
- To update the driver, right-click on your graphics card and choose “Update driver.”
- Pick the choice that says, “Search automatically for drivers.” When Windows starts up, it will check the driver library for any new changes.
- Just do what it says to do to run the driver. If Windows can’t find any driver changes, you should try a different way to see if there are any new ones.
- Start up your computer again.
2. Tweak in-game graphics settings
- Open FiveM and enter any server’s address.
- To get to the menu, press ESC and then click on the Settings tab.
- In the menu on the left, pick the Graphics option.
- Turn on DirectX 11 and make sure the render quality is the same as your screen’s.
- Make the changes.
3. Clear FiveM Cache Files
Apps and games use cache files to make things start faster and give you a better experience. But these files can be a problem if they build up for a long time or if you change the hardware that your setup is set up on.
- Type “FiveM” underneath the Windows button.
- Click on FiveM in the search results and choose “Open file location.”
- Find FiveM, right-click it, and choose “Open file location” again.
- To open FiveM Application Data, find it in the same area as FiveM.exe and double-click it.
- Hold down the Ctrl key and click on the cache, server-cache, and server-cache-private folders in the data folder.
- To get rid of these files, press the Delete key on your computer and make sure you want to do it.
- Start FiveM up again after restarting your computer.
4. Close background apps
If your issue is with the slowdown, it’s most likely because of apps that run in the background and use up your CPU and RAM. You can fix this by stopping background apps that you don’t need.
- To open Task Manager, press Ctrl+Shift+Esc on your computer.
- It would be best if you found the apps that are using your CPU and RAM.
- To end the job, right-click on the app you picked and choose “End task.”
- For any tool you don’t need while you play FiveM, do steps 2 and 3.
If nothing else works to make the GPU work harder when playing FiveM, try this:
- Fix your Windows.
- Get Windows to run in safe mode.
- Make sure that your setting is well-cooled and that the temperature isn’t too high.
Watch-Out Other Articles
- Script Hook V Critical Error In GTA 5: How To Get Rid Of It
- GTA 5 Keeps Crashing: How To Fix It Permanently
- GTA 5 Stuck On Loading Screen: Fix It On Your Device
- GTA 5 Not Launching: How To Fix It [2023 Quick Guide]
If you need help adding mods into GTA V with Script Hook V, read our guide on how to fix Script Hook V critical error.
We hope you fixed the problem where your Low GPU Usage FiveM wasn’t being used much when you played FiveM. Tell us about the things you did that helped your PC, GPU, and game run at their best. You can find us on Telegram, Facebook, and Twitter too! Make sure you follow us if you want to stay in touch. Let’s keep in touch!